Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview channels lost when tv is switched off

profile.country.en_GB.title
AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

Freeview channels lost when tv is switched off

Hi I have a Sony Bravia.  This has an internal aerial attached. No problems with auto  tuning TV .

However, when TV is switched off the stored channels are not saved and when you next switch on TV you have to retune the TV.   This problem has been occurring  -  juist do an internet search .

Some answers that have been given:

1. Aerial faulty.   This is not the case,

2. That seems to be a processor on the main board that is simply not doing what it needs to be doing. Try a cold restart--unplug the TV, leave it alone for at least 15 minutes, then plug it in and try it.

Processors, like any computer, can often be brought back to sanity by removing, then re-applying
power.

3.Your set has a computer board that controls all the systems
on board , this computer is controlled itself by data called the system
firmware, if any of this data gets corrupted then the set will behave
erratically, in your case memory issues. The firmware is at the below link read all the information
about this upgrade and how it is performed, its important that the upgrade is
done correctly,initially check your current firmware version (it explains how)

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia1740SA&ch=2&m...

Can someone please tell me the correct answer to this problem?

This is driving me crazy.... If I don't resolve it I will not buy a Sony TV or products ever again and discourage my friends also!!!

Message was edited by: AlleluiaPTL

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

So have you tried applying the firmware update to the TV at the link in your email? If you've never done an update, very likely this may solve the problem.

Thanks

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

I have applied the firmware update about ten minutes ago and retuned the TV.

I will wait until tomorrow (after TV has been switched off) to see if the stored channels have been saved.

I hope that this has worked.

Thanks Catmambo

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

Updating the software has still not resolved this problem .

Has anyone ideas to put this right.  It is very frustrating.