Join now - be part of our community!

How do I find my WPS Pin - KDL 42w6

tloz6996
New

How do I find my WPS Pin - KDL 42w6

I have a sony KDL-42W653A and I have a HP laptop pavilian g6 running windows 8. On the laptop, there is an option to project my laptops display to another display and when I click on display, i gives me an option to add a wiresless display. When I click on that, BRAVIA KDL-42W632A comes up as an option and when I click on it, a message says: Enter the WPS Pin for your television. 

So how do I find the WPS pin that the laptop is asking for?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

try looking at network setting/wifi direct and go to manual setup. There should be an option to configure WPS pin or to manually connect it via SSID/WPA key

alcardepa
New

Quiero conectar mi Sony a mi PC pero me pide el código pin y no sé cómo encontrarlo.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have a look at this FAQ (in English) if you are trying to connect your PC to the WIFIDIRECT of the TV

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23528#1-1._Find_Wi-Fi_Direct_mod...

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

If you're on Windows 8 and not 8.1, trying updating. Use the latest graphics card and network card drivers. Also, Miracast doesn't work on all PC hardware. You need specific wireless cards (usually Intel).

And after all that, I still could never get Miracast to work between the 654A and my Windows 8.1, though it did work from a friend's computer with mostly similar hardware.