Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

MusicalChris
Explorer

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, since latest firmware update feb 2016, we get no sound and remote unresponsive after being in standby for a while, have to reboot the tv to get it to work, have read other people with this and seems to be a common issue, have emailed Sony but was wondering if there is any fix?

Thanks again

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you are experiencing issues after a firmware update, it is advisable to do a factory reset.  This can clear many random or weird 'gremlins'.  See instructions: HERE

Cheers

SonamMobbs

I have exactly the same TV & issue as you since the update. I can use my phone as a remote but it doesn't sort the sound issue out. Like you the only work around is to unplug the TV & plug it back in.

It's really not cool Sony!

I don't really fancy doing a factory reset as that means adjusting all the setting etc again. I guess this is the only way to sort it out.

Would love to hear what Sony have to say about this??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

The picture but no sound is now a confirmed issue which some people have reported.

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2115635#M40764

Cheers

SonamMobbs

Nice one thanks.

Also once the TV is turned back on all the buttons stop working on the remote including the power button. Meaning you can only control it via another device such as a phone or by unplugging the TV at the mains.

Really hope Sony fix this soon as it happens every single time the TV is turned on!

profile.country.LV.title
Harrison11
Explorer

The same issue for me too.

TV unit = KDL50W765C.

It is very boring!

MusicalChris
Explorer

Hi Guys, it seems a factory reset does resolve the issue, have not had the issues come back since, but is a pain having to redo all settings

Chris

SonamMobbs

Thanks. I think this is what I'll end up doing. Very annoyed with Sony as this shouldn't even be an issue!

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
jamiehan2004
Explorer

Factory reset didn't work for me, done it twice now.  Sony are currently investigating but not holding out much hope due to some of the community responses i have read.

Jamie

SonamMobbs

I decided to bite the bullet & reset as suggested (losing all my settings / installed apps etc). Annoyingly this hasn't worked for me either! The TV did not have this issue before the update so guessing it's the update that's the issue. I didn't receive any prompt to update so guess the TV did an auto update during set up once I gave it my wireless info!? I might try again & skip the bit where it asks for an internet connection.

SONY

Really unhappy that I'm having to do all this! Since buying the TV I have had multiple issues including the TV turning on at random times to now having to unplug at the mains each time I want to use it!!

This is not what I was expecting from a brand new TV. I bought a SONY thinking I would be better off than a cheap brand but so far I'm really not impressed. Seriously considering requesting a refund & giving some honest reviews of this product / service