Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrigw69
Explorer

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

Hi, my kdl-50w755c android tv keeps auto dimming. trying to watch walking dead and the dark scenes do an obvious light level adjustment. I have turned off the light sensor but nothing. It brightens up again when I hit the volume botton or something. the content is being played out of my sky box through HDMI. does anyone know anything about this problem? I have searched the forums and cant find anything...

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.DK.title
bo_helle
Explorer

I have same Issue With my only 3 weeks old kdl-43w8305. I didnt notice before the update last week, but it may have been anyway. Currently, I watch Homeland on Netflix, and in lot of Dark scenes, the edge of screen gets lighter (almost to a grayscale). Worst is the right side of screen.

Really hope, this something that can and will be fixed by an new firmware update, as this is very anoying and not worthy of the Sony brand. My 2012 Sony presents better pictures than the new one 😠

n.mccormack
Explorer

I fixed this issue by changing something in the picture settings.  I'll check when home and report back.

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@bo_helle

Check my comment on the first page... it works for all inputs and apps. 

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

As mentioned

If the TV picture dims too much:

Change the Advanced setting for Brightenss Black level enhancer SET to LOW or OFF.

Also: Turn the Light Sensor to off. Picture will be a lot brighter.

Cheers

adyjay33

Is there anything on this TV that actually works properly as it seems like there is not?

I will say however that the picture is very good when its working properly.

Sad to say nothing else does!

Gonna check I am still inside my 30 day return but I dont think I am.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
alinux33
Explorer

This is to confirm that the brightness variation issue is hapening also on model KDL-55W808C

profile.country.GB.title
tosh.se1
Explorer

My 55X8509G exhibits a similar problem.  Watching an Amazon Prime film and a recored show off my HDMI Humax, almost every scene experience subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) change of dimming, depending on the scene.  It was driving me mad and really ruined the film.

FYI I had turned off the setting advised to stop the sreen brightening when using the voulme button (which has worked).

ALSO has anyone had what I can only describer as a 'flare' that seems to come from the LED and fills an arc across the screen above it in greenish-white flare that lasts a second or so?  It happened about 4 times during a 2.5 hour movie.  Is this a new bug?

Up until I notice this problem I was really enjoying this TV and hadnt had any problems with the Android os.  Now I'm very unhappy.

Gkinghrn
New

And to confirm so does my KDL-43W756C...

So bad I feel like taking it back... 

Doing all the usual upgrades now but not hopeful this can be resolved..

Sony what is going On?

Pittabang
New

This worked for me. Thanks. 

bartkeeper
Explorer

I've got the same problem with my KD-55x8509c television. The tv seems to be auto dimming especialy with Netflix 4k and dark scenes. I've turned off adv. Contrast but it also appears. What to do?