Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peter.carey
Explorer

After downloading new firmware Software version PKG4.421EUA my Netflix is now working for me with Sony Bravia KDL-46W905A
It was not working immediately but retried and it worked.

I suggest the following after downloading new Firmware
1. Refresh Internet settings
2. Power off TV from socket (starting to sound like Sony support)
Turn back on and try the NetFlix again
If still no luck then try turning on Wifi Direct - my wife got it working after changing settings so I'm relaying as much info as possible.

Peter

View solution in original post

178 REPLIES 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am assuming that your in the England?

Can you goto :http://www.iplocation.net  

and ensure that your IP address is showing that you are located in UK.

Do you have any non-standard network settings, either on your router, or on your TV?  Also, are you using a third party provider, such as unblock-us (or other DNS or VPN service?)

Cheers

taspland
Explorer

Hi I have the exact same problem

am in england UK, have Virgin Internet, all standard, Tried all fixes like turning off router, back on again, resetting tv settings and still same issue

riwilkidl
Explorer

I have the same issue with my Sony kdl55w905 which arrived this week. All other internet apps ok from tv. I am with virgin cable service in the uk ! I have a western digital media streamer that has netflix & works fine over same wireless through my router !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

@macgers77 - Did you manage to resolve your issue by any chance?  If so, how?  Also, I don't suppose your ISP is virgin?

@taspland - Can you please confirm your TV's model?  Is it the W905 model like the other two posters on this thread?

All - At what stage do you get that error message?  Can you even load up the application at all?

Cheers

taspland
Explorer

Hi yes i can confirm i have the exact same model, 

I get this error mesage when trying to load the application, if you click on more details and click on check your network it goes through the netflix server check very fast and gives a red cross on all 4 netflix servers with error nw-4-8 the bottom one which is internet connection has a green tick,  I can confirm all other apps work fine including the SEN

many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Taspland for the additional info. 

Can I also confirm you are all on the latest firmware?  vPKG4.201EUA - I think this is the latest fw version.

Cheers.

Woktolivelife

Exactly the same no one has a clue code Nw4-8 diagnostic screen shows all 4 Netflix servers red x bt fibre optic provider sony Bravia downstairs no problem just brand new w905 out the box all latest updates applied help desks don't have clue suggested sending it back as brand new a good idea,
Woktolivelife

Can anyone confirm are existing w905 owners experiencing this or just brand new out the box w9 owners don't believe the Tv is faulty just a software glitch in recognising new Tvs? THERE END then again if they can't get it to work not happy and I'm packing it back up!
Woktolivelife

Latest firmware update is 4.4 makes no difference though so anyone experiencing the exact same issues Your not alone only problem there's no help at the moment but my issues been expedited whatever that means there end! I'll net my dictionary definition and there's May vary