Join now - be part of our community!

Problem connecting to Internet TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
seedym
Visitor

Problem connecting to Internet TV

I have  Bravia 24EX32x and can't connect to Internet TV. It does the following "Aquiring internet content", "Authenticating", "Configuration failed while acquiring Internet content 5007 Please try again later.". I have been getting Internet TV fine up to a few days ago. It can connect to web pages/internet. Have tried rebooting router. We are on Talk Talk in case that's relevant. Anyone come across this/know what's wrong? Can't find any reference to error 5007 on the web or in the i-manual.

Thanks for any help.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sriramkk
Visitor

Hi Mate,

I had the same probem, my model number is EX 52 40, the 40 inch Bravia internet TV.

Here is what I did to fix the problem myself

On your remote

-Home

-Settings

-System Settings

-General Setup

And then restore all the factory settings ( Pls bear in mind all your settings including wireless internet settings ( if any) will go back to factory settings)

Then set all your internet settings etc and try it again and it should work

Message was edited by: sriramkk

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sriramkk
Visitor

Hi Mate,

I had the same probem, my model number is EX 52 40, the 40 inch Bravia internet TV.

Here is what I did to fix the problem myself

On your remote

-Home

-Settings

-System Settings

-General Setup

And then restore all the factory settings ( Pls bear in mind all your settings including wireless internet settings ( if any) will go back to factory settings)

Then set all your internet settings etc and try it again and it should work

It's the 2nd time I've had to do this Factory Reset and it's an absolute pain - Have we been given a reason for why it happens or is it just one of the things you have to live with having bought a Sony Bravia?

All my TVs have been Sony - never had any trouble until I got a "Smart" one.

Network working fine - all addresses in place and test seems to be perfect but just won't connect...GRRRR!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The best explaination that I can come up with is : Smart TVs are like mini-computers -  the operating system (at current) is a custom linux variety.  Hence occasionly like a computer, it chucks a hissy fit for whatever reason.  The simplest way is to clear its internal memory buffers etc is by performing a factory reset.

Cheers

jumpsystems
Explorer

I tried all the above and still can't connect. Eventually I called Sony support who sent me an email with requests for various data. Still awaiting their response. 

My internet connection stopped working of its own accord about a week ago. Up until then, the latest iPayer was always gropping out with errors - no problems on other sites.

sucohen
New

Hi

Can't connect to video links anymore, I did a reset back to original setting on my TV can can't connect to the internet.  Has anyone got any bright ideas?  I have a Sony Bravia

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Regards

Sue

sucohen
New

Did you get a reply on this as I have the same issue and would appreiate any help you can give if they solved it for you.

Regards

Sue

10419a
Explorer

When I go into the browser and enter a url the tv gives  reasons why it wont connect, it mentiond IPv6, all dutch to me, now I cant get the internet it is looking for a password, what password ?

profile.country.GB.title
salv2004
Explorer

I have recently bought a Sony Bravia KD 49XE9005 android smart TV (Nov 2017). I am very disappointed with it it looses the internet connection on a regular basis and it is very difficult to re connect  even though I am using a LAN cable. This is rubbish, come on Sony I paid a lot of money and you cannot get something as simple as connecting to the internet made easy on your TV!! The only way I have managed to reconnect is by doing a factory reset.

Very poor, please get your act together... I would definitely wouldnt have another Sony TV as a result

profile.country.GB.title
hhovanessian
Explorer

I have a Sony Bravia smart tv model KDL46NX713, serial number 9007288

I have a Netflix subscription but I am unable to access any applications. The tv is connected to the internet but when I try to Refresh Internet Content I get the following message "Configurationfailed while connecting. The system has encountered an error. If problem persists contact Sony <2200>