Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia NX713 and Sky 3D not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
HELEN64
New

Sony Bravia NX713 and Sky 3D not working

Help !!!  We have bought a Sony Bravia NX713 and have Sky HD ,have had the 3d channel activated by Sky. All cables are in the right places on the Tv,Sky HD box and Blu Ray Dvd recorder. When we click on 3D and highlight 3D display all we get is  the option  OFF or SIMULATED 3D so are not able to change it to watch the Sky channel 217 which is shown side by side . We was advised by Sony to do a firmware update and this has made no difference. Anyone had the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HELEN64
New

The lady from Sky talked me through it step by step,so as far as I can remember I had to go into Settings,External Inputs,HDMI setup,Device control keys - put this to Normal.  Then this brought up the options on the 3D display that where not there before, which then allowed me to chose side by side and watch Sky 3d channel.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Checkout this video and see if this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gMIr5sDHWs&feature=related

Have you got your 3D transmitter plugged in also?

Thanks

HELEN64
New

Hi thanks for reply we have got transmitter plugged in. Had already checked the video out but the problem is that when we go into 3D display we don't get the On option it is just OFF or  3D SIMULATED and also in the menu  there is no 3D format displayed so we can't change that either.  Thanks

HELEN64
New

Got it sorted but no thanks to Sony,after two very long length phone calls it took the Sky 3D department to tell me what was wrong with my Sony TV.

Catmambo
Contributor

Can you share what the solution was for the benefit of others?

Bravia55HX

Second that!

HELEN64
New

The lady from Sky talked me through it step by step,so as far as I can remember I had to go into Settings,External Inputs,HDMI setup,Device control keys - put this to Normal.  Then this brought up the options on the 3D display that where not there before, which then allowed me to chose side by side and watch Sky 3d channel.  Hope this helps.

Balavs
Visitor

Hi I got the same problem with my NX72 -  Iam trying to veiw virgin media  3D content which appears as two parallel pics - so i tried

3D menu - 3d display -  but no options for side by side only options are off or simulated 3D.

I have called sony tech support 4 times including a US team for hours and hours.They all have tried changing every 3D settings they thought ,finally they got confused and  just told to reset the tv to factory settings which I tried  -  But in vain.

I have called virgin media team 4 times as both have been blaming each other.But as I am getting a crystal clear parallel pictures and sound - I really dont think it is a problem with my source Virgin TIVO box and I even tried by reseting my Tivo box - But in vain

I thought it might be the hdmi cable so i bought a brand new 3D Hdmi cable and tried - But in vain

I was happy to see your Sky tech advice Ext.Inputs - hdmi setup - Device control keys to Normal and tried - But in Vain.

I have no idea what to do next - can somebody help me please.

blue0151
Visitor

Sorted. i had the same problem, tv would not give me side by side option. The problem was i never had the tv in hdmi mode.

Get the tv remote, press the top left hand button [it has a square with an arrow] then choose the hdmi option with the blue arrow beside it. GOOD LUCK.

SMFire
Visitor

Does Virgin have any free 3D content ? I am assuming you bought some stuff off their movie rental service.Its a bit pricey IMO.