Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to restore c drive or restore complete system

profile.country.en_GB.title
yelnrub
Visitor

Unable to restore c drive or restore complete system

Hi. I have a sony vaio vpcf 11joe and i have wiped and erased all data but i am unable to restore c drive or restore complete system. I have tried to use the recovery discs i had previously made but i only get as far as disc 2 of 3. It stops at 27% complete with message disc may be corrupted. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the Recovery Discs you made are corrupt, you have the following options in order of preference: -

1.  Carry out a recovery from the Hard Drive Recovery Partition.  By tapping F10 during boot-up you should be able to recover your Vaio from the hidden HDD Partition.  Look at Page 9 of your Recovery Guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2010Q1_TRG_EN.pdf

2.  You could try copying the Recovery Discs you have made using another computer.  If you have wiped the OS you cannot try making another set.

3.  You can purchase a replacement set of discs from Vaio Support - they will charge for this service.

Always use the 'Restore Complete System' option

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
yelnrub
Visitor

I have followed your instructions Blencogo but when restoring the computer's c drive it stops at 75% with error code 320. When I press OK I the then get error 330. Can you provide any further assistance please? Thank you.