Join now - be part of our community!

What type of hard drive allows me to record TV on my Sony Bravia KDL32EX503U?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
difalloni
Explorer

What type of hard drive allows me to record TV on my Sony Bravia KDL32EX503U?

I've tried a few different ones, even got a portable FAT32 formatted hard drive (usb power) and it still won't allow me to register it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
buseng
New

Hi there, I have the same model tv. Have you made sure you are using the correct usb port? It is usb port 2,  the second one down marked "HDD REC" under the CAM slot. Roughly in the middle of the row of sockets. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi difalloni and welcome.

I don't think your model supports USB HDD Recording.  Have a look at the specifications here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32EX503/specifications

This feature was introduced with the 2011 Bravias.

:thinking:

difalloni
Explorer

Hi Blencogo,

Sorry I must have the serial number wrong, it definitely has the option, because when you click on a programme it gives you the option of 'timer rec' I bought it back in December 2011 KDL32EX723BU is the model apologies

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi difalloni,

Ah, yes that model is supported.

Have you followed the full instructions for HDD Recording and Playback in your iManual here: -

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/eng/EX72x/ft_usbrec_europe.html

:thinking:

buseng
New

Hi there, I have the same model tv. Have you made sure you are using the correct usb port? It is usb port 2,  the second one down marked "HDD REC" under the CAM slot. Roughly in the middle of the row of sockets. 

difalloni
Explorer

Hey buseng, I feel a bit silly now, just noticed that!! My friend is playing FIFA at the moment, will give it a go later, many thanks! :smileyblush:

buseng
New

let us know how you get on.

difalloni
Explorer

Spot on!! Working perfectly, maybe my lack of observance will help other people! Thanks buseng :laughing:

I brought a Western Digital 1 TB USB 3.0 and it works fine. I think the secret is using a USB 3.0 drive.