Join now - be part of our community!

where can i find the pin for my kdl32ex523?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
branler
Visitor

where can i find the pin for my kdl32ex523?

Hi, i am trying to use the 'wi-fi direct' mode.

i have a wi fi dongle , screen shows 'connect from your device'

i go to laptop; bravia shows, i push connect , says pin required, (explaining that 8 numeral pin will be on tv or on paperwork with it)

i have searched tv, box and all leaflets and cant find anything saying pin,

I have phoned sony help, but they said use WEP code, okay that worked but it changes everytime, it takes 10 minutes to find it and enter it, surely there is a way i could locate this pin ?

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nik2789
New

I too had been frustrated by this, but thanks to you I have solved the issue for both of us; and indeed anyone who might read this.

On the back of the TV on the bottom left hand side, there is a small black sticker just about 2 cm square. It gives the Model Number, the S/N and the P/N (PIN)...and yes it's 8 digits!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
nayan007
Visitor

Please get in touch with customer support and tell them that after entering wep pin still you are getting problems,they will help you out https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi branster,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does the follwowing help..:smileyconfused:

Press Home on your Bravia's remote, then scoll to Applications.

Above applications select Direct Mode.

Once direct Mode opens press Options on your remote.

In the Options list press on Manual then select Other methods

You should then see the WPA code..

Press Options again and you can enter a WPS pin..

branler
Visitor

Thanks Nayan007 i will go back to them and try again.

branler
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

the problem is i dont know my pin, i have searched all over the tv , box and papers to find it with no luck.

i can use the WPA but it changes every single time, which makes it very fiddly.

i was hoping sony could tell me the pin from their records for the serial number 1605210

Regards,

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

I've just set this up on my TV using these instructions here and it worked fine.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1023575

There are only two ways to configure this - using WPS via the router software or using the manual configuration on the TV where it prompts you to enter the code it shows on the TV, into your smartphone network settings.

Does your router support WPS?  I think the key to sorting this if you want to use WPS is in the router software settings, certainly as far as I'm aware, there isn't a master list of pin numbers as WPS doesn't require it to be manually entered in that way.

Thanks

branler
Visitor

Thanks for your interest Catmambo,

i have followed your link, and, although i am trying to connect my laptop not an i phone, the principal is the same.

and yes, i can connect using the WPA which is something like this  ' y7Ua3hdz

but, this code changes after everytime the tv is turned off. To get a new one takes 10 actions.

i am trying to track down the pin that is supposed to be printed somewhere on the tv or literature which will be constant.

after the sequence the link shows there is a further stage; 'press options if you want to register using wps(pin)

there is then a 8 digit space for the pin. it says ' please enter the pin code displayed on your device.

if it is true that i really have to enter a differnt WPA every time the tv is turned on, it just adds to my dissapointment of this TV.

i dont think this is anything to do with the router, the tv shows on the laptop and the ;;aptop shows on the tv. it just needs the pin. (router has no WPS)

what do you think?

Regards.

Nik2789
New

I too had been frustrated by this, but thanks to you I have solved the issue for both of us; and indeed anyone who might read this.

On the back of the TV on the bottom left hand side, there is a small black sticker just about 2 cm square. It gives the Model Number, the S/N and the P/N (PIN)...and yes it's 8 digits!

Thanks i found it this is a big help.

Thanks again.

reg

kuilenburg

Moe_Siaki
New

I have only 7 digit on that sticker