Join now - be part of our community!

Where is registration code on Bravia W805A please?

SOLVED
Bravia2014
Explorer

Where is registration code on Bravia W805A please?

Hi there forum, just got myself the above TV. To install premium apps like Netflix I need to register my TV on Sony Entertainment network but I cannot find where my registration code is or how to 'link an account'? I must have gone through every menu item at least 4 times and I searched in the i-manual but nothing on linking an account.

Following this I get stuck at step 3 and 4 because I do not have the option for add account or link an account:

1. Connect your device to the internet.

2. Select the SEN icon on the home menu. If this icon does not appear, please check that your device is SEN enabled by checking the features of your device on Sony.com and set up a Sony Entertainment Network account via sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. please check the Service Status on sonyentertainmentnetwork.com as maintenance may be restricting your network access and check that your device firmware is up to date - you can find latest firmware information on Sony.com.

3. If your device includes the option to 'Add Account' select this option and follow the on screen prompts to link your account. You can now use network services!

4. If 'Add an Account' is not shown, select 'Link an Account' to get your activation code and continue to step 4.

5. On a PC or mobile device connected to the internet sign-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account. Go to the 'Devices' tab and select your device from the left of the screen and click on '+ Activate a Device'.

6. Enter the activation code from your device into the space provided.

7. Follow the instructions and choose your device PIN.

8. You can now use network services!

Could anybody please point out where/how I can do this on the Bravia W805?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In any case to get the activation code you can look at it inside SEN, or when you look at all the available application there is a "fake" application called "Link an account" that give you directly the information. On my W805 in Italy it's right after PICASA, I don't know in your location where it could be...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

You don't an SEN account to access Netflix. Just hit the SEN button on your reote and all available servicies will appear. You can then mark some as favourites etc...

Bravia2014
Explorer

Hi, thanks for taking time to reply. I was under the impression I need to register/pair my tv unit with a SEN account. That is not the case then?

But there is no Netflix app there? Or BBC iPlayer app for example... what would you suggest to see those apps? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the "missing" applications, try the following:

1. Turn TV OFF
  2. Reboot your ISP's router
  3. Turn TV On again
  4. Perform a Refresh Internet Content - [HOME] > Settings > Network

Cheers

Bravia2014
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt reply! I will try that and report back!
Regards to all
Bravia2014
Explorer

Ok tried those steps and the Netflix app or the BBC iplayer app are not in the list. It did refresh the list as I saw 1 or 2 unfamiliar apps but no netflix or bbc iplayer. I do see Netfit,..but that is not netflix.

Very frustrated, but also very appreciative of any/all help here.

Anybody have suggestions?

Thanks
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Those application are available only inside UK, are you sure your provider expose a UK IP for you in the internet?

Bravia2014
Explorer

I see on the SEN website:
(http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3076/kw/netflix)

To access a premium service you will first need to create a Sony Entertainment Network account and activate your device on your account. Once you have done this you are ready to access Premium Services.

Where can I find the activation code? I do not see it when I press "HOME" and then go to Sony Entertainment Network. It should shot "LINK AN ACCOUNT" but all I see is the complete list of available apps. Pressing the OPTIONS button on the remote just lets me set an app as favorite on the HOME button.

Any idea?
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

The 'Premium Services' referred to are just Muci Unlimited and Video unlimited - Sony's services. all 3rd party services such as iPlayer etc should be visible when you connect your TV to the Internet and refresh the content. Make sure you have the latest firmware and maybe get your ISP to reset your connection as these are all geo-filtered, i.e. the services visible will vary depending on your global location..

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In any case to get the activation code you can look at it inside SEN, or when you look at all the available application there is a "fake" application called "Link an account" that give you directly the information. On my W805 in Italy it's right after PICASA, I don't know in your location where it could be...