Join now - be part of our community!

Yet more problems with the 2015 Android TV's

John00001
Explorer

Yet more problems with the 2015 Android TV's

Finally today I received an email from Sony, claiming to have rolled out a firmware update. Indeed, my TV ( a KDL-43W809C ) says there is a system update ready to download. Unfortunately, I keep getting the error message:

"An error occurred during the system software update. Network disconnected. Error: (0000)"

Frustratingly, I know my internet connection is fine. Also, my TV is always on standby. Please, does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it, or are we going to wait even longer to update these TV's? Not what I was expecting for such an expensive peice of kit.

Anyway, thanks in advance guys (and girls).

J

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you have connected the tv via wifi, try using an ethernet cable, just to remove the possibility of wifi issues.

Cheers

oXide11
Explorer

I have 50W809C 

Can't update trough USB and Internet. So you are not only the one. My errror message is 2123 server temorary unavaiable, via usb is restarting when progress bar is updating. 

profile.country.GB.title
PhilipO13

Hi,

I have a similar problem.  Update downloads to 85% and then bombs out with a 2123 (slow/no internet) - this is a wired connection to BTInfinity though.  Still thought I'd try the USB route so downloaded and unzipped to a stick - on putting it into the TV it downloads to 85% and reboots without updating.

I don't know if it helps but trawling on the forums I found the following possible solution whilch I'm going to try when I get home;

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/1974762/highlight/true...

Involving putting a second, renamed copy of the package on the same stick and ensuring it's in USB port 2....

Sounds so crazy it may just work..!

Phil

Debbi.R
Explorer

The link takes you to the only solution that works. Sony need to get their act together.

profile.country.GB.title
PhilipO13

I've posted this in another thread but wonder if it further helps anyone else unable to apply updates;

I finally got mine to work now but was nowhere near as straightforward as the original instruction (at least in my TVs case).  If anyone is having the same difficulty, here's what worked for me - after much iterative trial and error;

1. Factory reset the TV

2. When the TV reboots (showing the initial config screen with the pic of the remote) remove the power for a minute or so

3. Reconnect and allow to reboot to initial config screen once again

4. Insert prepared USB into USB 2 as described in previous post(s)  i.e. with the 2 copies of the update on, one of them renamed as 'upgrade_uploader.pkg'.

5. Leave to bake for 30mins

Long winded I know but it's the process that worked for me!  I don't know if standing on one leg whilst facing north during the correct cycle of the moon had any affect either

Phil

profile.country.GB.title
rtodrtod
New

Hello,

I want to say one big THANK YOU to Phil!

I did the steps in his post, except that I removed the power after the language selection screen after the factory reset. 

I've plugged the usb stick with 2 packages, as the second was renamed as upgrade_uploader.pkg... and it upgraded successfully.

The error I got was 3123, but I've tried hundreds of times to upgrade it using the auto updater and with USB stick but it didn't work until I tried this method.