Join now - be part of our community!

4K Test Videos for Comparisons by 4KUHDWorld

SOLVED
myr33ll
Explorer

4K Test Videos for Comparisons by 4KUHDWorld

Hello guys,

For anyone with a 4K TV who wants to do some tests and see the difference between 720, 1080 and 4k please check out my 4KUHDWorld YouTube Channel.

To quote the About: 4K resolution, also called 4K, refers to a horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels and vertical resolution on the order of 2,000 pixels. Several 4K resolutions exist in the fields of digital television and digital cinematography.

In the movie projection industry, Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) is the dominant 4K standard. In television and consumer media, 4K UHD or UHD-1 is the dominant 4K standard.

By 2015, 4K television market share had increased greatly as prices fell dramatically during 2014 and 2015. By 2025, more than half of U.S. households are expected to have a 4K-capable TV (2160p), which would be a much faster adoption rate than that of Full HD (1080p).

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @myr33ll

Considering that these videos you posted are not LG/Samsung or other - Im going to leave it up on on the forums this time.  However I have moved it to the 'Lounge' section of the board.  Simply because this is more of a discussion topic that a 'request for help' topic.

Just a note on 4K Resolution.  There are basically two 4K resolutions:

1. Cimema 4K - 4096 x 2160px
  2. Consumer 4K - 3840 x 2160px

For consumer 4K, they kind of 'borrow' the 160px from 2160px and add it to the 3840 to make 4000 :slight_smile: 

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @myr33ll

Considering that these videos you posted are not LG/Samsung or other - Im going to leave it up on on the forums this time.  However I have moved it to the 'Lounge' section of the board.  Simply because this is more of a discussion topic that a 'request for help' topic.

Just a note on 4K Resolution.  There are basically two 4K resolutions:

1. Cimema 4K - 4096 x 2160px
  2. Consumer 4K - 3840 x 2160px

For consumer 4K, they kind of 'borrow' the 160px from 2160px and add it to the 3840 to make 4000 :slight_smile: 

Cheers

myr33ll
Explorer

thank you,  I do appreciate it...  Good to know I will update my about section including your tips from your note