Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Channel Changes - 2 August 2017

Anonymous
Not applicable

Freeview Channel Changes - 2 August 2017

"A number of major channel number changes are to take place in August, with viewers using Freeview, YouView (BT TV, TalkTalk TV, Plusnet TV), EE TV and the Now TV Smart Box affected by the changes.

Entertainment and shopping channels will be given more space to expand, with the channel range extending from channel 1-99 and 140-199. Should the current entertainment section need expanding before August, channels will spill over into the children's section with a number allocated in the high 90s.

Children's channels, currently reserved slots between channels 120-129 and 95-99 will move to a new joint range from 200-229.

News channels, currently allocated channel numbers between 130-149 will move up to 230-249.

Text services, currently broadcast from channel 200, move to channel 250-259.

Streamed channels, currently reserved slots between 225 and 299 will be shuffled up and start on channel 260.

Services for BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet TV and EE TV users in the 300-599 range remain unchanged.

Channels 670-699 will be reserved for adult services, with additional markers at the top end to increase the number of clicks a BBC Radio 1 listeners would need to jump from channel 700 to a live adult channel.

For future developments, channels 610 to 669 will be reserved for standard definition TV simulcasts, should in the future HD channels be given more prominent channel numbers. In the meantime, HD channels will continue to be broadcast on their existing channel numbers, with Freeview continuing to offer all main five channels in HD from channel 101 to 105 - the only digital TV provider to offer this."

According to:

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/04/freeview-channel-change-day-2017.html

------------

I really wish someone had the gonads to actually separate the Shopping channels from the General Entertainment section and create a specific area for them.  Same as the timeshift channels of +1 and +24 etc.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Yeah, me too. I'm getting bored, they just can't sit still. If I messed around sorting out my garage as much I'd take a look in the mirror and call myself names. They need to employ a good organiser with some for thought for the future. 

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - loved your reply.  Its like so 'meh' and a whip at the same time :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd bump this to remind everyone that the Freeview EPG changes coming up next wednesday.  Most TVs these days should update the EPG over-night (unless you have disabled it).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst we are at it - a new channel called 'FreeSports' will be added to Freeview (Channel 95) and other free-to-air platforms and will go live in September 2017.  Its unknown what types of sport just yet,

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Can't wait......

If it ain't broke don't fix it