Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.sv_SE.title
steffe2
Visitor

Would be nice with Viaplay and other rental services that operate in Sweden. Don't know if it is possible on the 503 series though. The fewer external devices I need, the happier I will be :wink:

And well, selectable/customizable widgets in general would be nice too.

profile.country.de_DE.title
KDL-55EX725
Visitor

Hello,

I'm from germany and I have a KDL-55EX725 and I would like to see the following implemented in a future firmware:

Must have:

Nice to have:

• Recursive slideshows
  • mkv support (USB and DLNA)

Regards

profile.country.de_DE.title
KDL-55EX725
Visitor

Deleted. Sorry for double post!

Message was edited by: KDL-55EX725

Message was edited by: KDL-55EX725

Greyguitar
Visitor

Catmambo could someone please give some sort of explanation as to the delay/unwillingness to implement ITV Player and 4 OD given that this facility is available on the PS3. As has been mentioned, the PS3 is primarily a games platform and one would have thought Bravia and devices like the SMP-100N would have taken priority for implementation given that they are TV devices. These questions have been asked many times but no-one has grasped the nettle and given an answer. We don't care if it's good news, bad news or a simple don't know. The SMP-100N is POTENTIALLY a superb piece of kit. It COULD be a market leader if Sony just tidy up the loose edges.

petekins
Visitor

I would also like to have the ability to go back to the previous channel, i.e. a 'return' or 'back' button on the remote.

I have had  this feature on just about every other TV I've owned  including cheapo portables, not too much to ask of an expensive Sony Bravia TV I think. Maybe a future firmware upgrade giving extra function(s) to an existing button on the remote?? The 'return' button seems an obvious choice.

Another annoyance is  Digital Channel Sorting ( freeview channels)

I want to simply move channels to get them in a more logical order than the standard Freeview order.

I'm forced to swap with another channel ( two channels get moved, one is where you want it, the other goes to where the first one was !)

It's like a puzzle, requiring multiple moves to acheive the desired result. How about  firmware to sort this? Once again channel sorting on an old Phillips freeview box was childs play, i.e select channel, move it,hit 'ok', job done!! 

Rant over!!

Thanks

IdRatherBeSkiing
New

More Codec Support (AVI, MP4, AVHCD especially)

I'm quite fed up with the lack of support.

How about allowing me to change the Sony pictures, bit bored of the same 6, especially when playing the Radio

sabih10001
Visitor

Some of the changes that are required by bravia televisions to compete in the market are:

1. Flash player support in the web browser.

2. Subtitles fonts and styles should be improved (subtitles are unreadable).

3. More codec support especially MKV support with subtitles.

4. Original Youtube support. Youtube widget do not find all the videos in the search.

5. S-force surround option should be given when using external audio.

All these improvement are very necessary

profile.country.nl_NL.title
MIkeyB
Visitor

Hi,

I recently purchased a bravia 32ex500.
Following are some requests/bugs from which i hope they will be solved in a (near) future release:

- Better readable subtitles when playing movies from usb in combination with a srt-subtitle file. Subtitles are to thin and small to be read in a convenient way.
- Unable to freeze the screen when watching tv
- No possibility to switch back between two channels with a single button
- Unable to enlarge Teletext (my previous sony widescreen tv also didn't had this option, so maybe it's not just model-dependent?)
- Timer tv off: you can't set a periodic task to turn the tv off automatically (for example every night at 10pm)
- TV Guide: unable to make a one time reservation for a tv program which for example is broadcasted every workday at a specific time
- TV Guide: unable to navigate to the past (comes in handy when previous program exceeds schedule)
- TV Guide: when navigating between channels, the guide doesn't show to which channel you are watching right now

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Message was edited by: MIkeyB

Message was edited by: MIkeyB

Shelle
Visitor

Some of you mention improving subtitles on your internet tv viewing.

What subtitles?

I am deaf and bought an internet tv thinking that I would get access to more tv stuff but then discovered that none of it is subtitled.

Lovefilm dont subtitle their streaming, and none of the extra channels or episodes etc have subtitles either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

ericpode
Visitor

I recently bought a CX523. I have previously used a Pace Twin freeview recorder for several years - yes it is quite old now but the interface has some important features that I miss.

So here are a few that I'd like to have on my Sony TV:

1. Most importantly - there needs to be a vertical "now" line drawn on the Guide grid to show what the time is right now. The line would have to redraw itself maybe once a minute. The Pace had this and it is essential in getting a feeling for how much time is left on the programmes on ALL channels on the grid at a glance. Without this you have to look at the time displayed at the top of the screen and then MENTALLY draw a vertical line through the grid to see how much time is left for the current programmes on all channels. This is a very bad omission by Sony and really needs fixing.

2. Ability to scroll the Guide an hour or 2 into the past. Handly for checking what you might have just missed.

3. The ability to switch/toggle between the last 2 channels viewed with a  single key press. The Pace Twin was able to do this by pressing the  remote's "Return" key, and it was very handy when trying to keep an eye  on 2 channels for a short period. Having to type-in the channel number  each time you want to toggle channels is a pain.

4. It's a pity that you can't assign 1 or 2 remote buttons on the remote to a Favourite item. For example I use the BBC iPlayer quite a lot and it would be great if I could get to it with a single remote keypress. At the moment I have to either press Guide then navigate to Favourites then pick it from my favourites list, or I have to press "Internet Video" remote button, select Bravia Inetrnet TV then scroll to the iPlayer icon. This is a bit laborious.

5. At present it takes 3 button presses to set a reminder for a programme. It would be great if there was a single button assignment in the guide to set a reminder instead of having to press the "i" button followed by OK twice.

6. The ability to ZOOM the horizontal time scale on the guide. This is less important but I did use this occasionally on the Pace which used the channel + and - buttons for this feature.