Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
ruth01.02
Visitor

My KDL-22EX320 records to USB beautifully - but almost always with the name of the previous program not the program being recorded.  It would be great if the file name matched the program (or if we could edit the file name manually).  It would also be great if we could select a record time from the EPG and then manually tweak the settings (when recording BBC programs I often need to add a couple of minutes to the EPG time or the end of the program is missing).  Thanks

bearjosh
Visitor

I have a KDL-40EX724 which gives a superb picture.  I     should like to add my name to the list of people who would like to see a "last program viewed" facility added to this set as at present this set is a let down.

ds1234
Visitor

this has been running since June...is there any chance of an update on what might be included in the future and what models could potentially be included?

profile.country.GB.title
Quick.Response
New

As per ruth01.02:

"My KDL-22EX320 records to USB beautifully - but almost always with the name of the previous program not the program being recorded"

It seems to me that you don't need a new feature, you just need the existing one to work correctly!

profile.country.sl_SI.title
1337zoki
Visitor

* improve subtitles for videos played from usb drive (size, font style, color, background - changeable or at least better font (now it's narow and thin) )  - VERY IMPORTNAT

* more video formats support - MUST

* NTFS support for USB drives - if it's possible - WOULD BE NICE

* flash support for web browser - WOULD BE NICE

* more applications and widgets (or can I code my own and somehow get them on?) - I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT

I have KDL26EX320

Message was edited by: 1337zoki

Message was edited by: 1337zoki

KDL-CX520
Visitor

I was lucky to have the time and read the five pages on this valuable post...Thanks to Catmambo

MKV file was originally developed by Sony and panasonic to be used by its devices...but I see many users (including me) still suffering from subtitle reading while watching these type of file. either by DLNA or USB stick

If i am the owner of Sony Company :smileycool:...I will give the utmost priority to this customers demands and I will Schedule its completion within a week by firmware development Engineering division.

Best regards

profile.country.fi_FI.title
lollercoaster
Visitor

Implement the following features (in order of importance):

1. Add the following bindings to the cross-button (up/down,left/right) when watching TV:

- Up = previous channel in EPG

- Down = next channel in EPG

- Left = decrease volume

- Right = increase volume

and

- Return = switch channel back to the one watched previously (browser-style,ie, remember channel changing history)

2. In Media view, don't make separation between Videos, Music and Photos. Just let playable files to appear in DLNA. It is very frustrating to go back and forth between Photos, Music and Videos.

3. Working JPEG support, now maybe 30% of the pictures work.

4. Working support for MKV and FLV audio/video media containers

5. Working support for XviD and DivX video codecs

6. Ability to listen music and watch TV simulataneously (TV muted).

7. CIFS support for accessing Microsoft Windows shares because DLNA sucks and therefore is not the way to go.

8. Ability to split display area to 4 indivudal screens which can then be tuned to different inputs or channels.

- Audio source should be selected between the screens using crossbar

-lollercoaster

sabih10001
Visitor

please add .aac audio codec support some of the mp4 files does not work because of aac codec in them.

and is there any news about mkv support??

samsung has now updated their tvs with mkv support what are you waiting for sony guys???

bearjosh
Visitor

I do not require any new features on my Bravia EX series  TV but that the "HOME"button on the remote should list the items in a logical order. Currently the first item is Analogue /Digital, why is this when there is a dedicated button on the remote. The same applies to the second item "Program guide" again there is a dedicated button.

Sony, please put "Recently viewed programs  first as this would answer one of the critisisms taht there is no last program viewed button. This is so simple to do that  I am astonished that it has not been done already

It has taken me over 15 minutes writing this as the text input is faulty ,all text writes two spaces away from the cursor and has been like this for months!!

KDL-CX520
Visitor

it will be a good feature to Save the last viewed menu item to TV memory at the Switching off process.

So the next time i switched on the TV and press menu (Home) i access the last position used quickly, rather than scroll the menu by left/right...up/ down

My TV KDL-32CX520

Thank you in advance