Join now - be part of our community!

No 4K HDR Blue Ray Player...anyone else gutted?!

mikemofoe
New

No 4K HDR Blue Ray Player...anyone else gutted?!

I'm a massive PS fan. Always have been. I loved the fact the PS3 blew the top of the HD market by supporting Blue Ray disks.

Without a doubt Blue Ray 1080P is better quality than streamed 1080P, say from Apple TV. I have both and the difference is visible.

Having purchased a 4K HDR TV recently I've been holding out on buying a 4K player because I assumed the PS4 Pro would support....it doesn't.

I get that streaming is the future, but what about the many locations in the UK that don't have great broadband speeds? My folks live a relatively short distance from the exchange and only get 1.5mbps ADSL.

Without a doubt the 4K HDR experience on Blue Ray format will be superior to streamed 4K. So I've cancelled my pre-order and am buying an Xbox One S. Buying purely as it is the cheapest 4K Blue Ray Player on the market. I’ll just keep on using my PS4 for gaming.

What you playing at Sony!!!!!!!! Was so looking forward to getting the Pro

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I think who Sony know how many people has problem with the line in England and other country but they know also the number of selling (actual and "in the future") of BD UHD 4K... I'm sorry but I think that is the answer...

Sony at the moment also don't have a stand alone BD UHD Player...

In addition, you must see how the choices will be, 4K Sony HDR is what pushes the Pro, are you sure that the MS content on BD UHD will be just as good as the BD UHD Video format or the PS content?

Only in my opinion...

Manolo

mikemofoe
New

You make some good points Manolo. I'm sure Sony have made their decision based on how they see the future unfolding. And streaming is the way forward undoubtably. 

But for me though, I'm not interested in Sonys 4K streaming options or that of MS. What I am after is a 4K HDR blue ray player. The Xbox One S has one and PS doesn't. For me I like purchasing blue ray disks because it's the highest possible quality in my opinion. 

Good of point about Sony not having a 4K blue ray option at the mo. I didn't realise that. Apparently there are 3 at present 1. Panasonic £600 2. Samsung £350 3. Xbox S £249.

mike 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

And for a true Audio/Video quality Panasonic is the only one, IMHO.

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable