Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 49XE80004 v Sony 49XE80005

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Roger-Burt
Explorer

Sony 49XE80004 v Sony 49XE80005

Hi

I'm intending to buy a new 4k 49" tv and I'm looking at Sony 49XE80005. I see another version 49XE80004 but having looked at the specs on Sony's website I can't see the difference. Is there and if so what is it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Roger, 

I've had a look at the Specifications & Features for both models and I can't see a difference.  The website uses the general EU database and this would usually suggest not all models are sold in every market.  

Please feel free to contact support if you require further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Roger-Burt
Explorer

Thanks Sean. 

It is quite confusing. I live in UK. One major retailer has model: 49XE80004 and another - my goto retailer - John Lewis Partnership has model:  49XE80005.  Both around the same price. So I intend to visit them over the next couple of days to ask if either can explain the difference. I suspect not given that making a sale is their primary concern. Although to be fair to John Lewis they have reps from the various manufactures Sony, Samsung LG etc in the store at weekends and they tend to be pretty knowledgable and customer focussed. 

Best wishes.

Roger

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Roger, 

I've had a look at the Specifications & Features for both models and I can't see a difference.  The website uses the general EU database and this would usually suggest not all models are sold in every market.  

Please feel free to contact support if you require further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Roger-Burt
Explorer

Thanks Sean. 

It is quite confusing. I live in UK. One major retailer has model: 49XE80004 and another - my goto retailer - John Lewis Partnership has model:  49XE80005.  Both around the same price. So I intend to visit them over the next couple of days to ask if either can explain the difference. I suspect not given that making a sale is their primary concern. Although to be fair to John Lewis they have reps from the various manufactures Sony, Samsung LG etc in the store at weekends and they tend to be pretty knowledgable and customer focussed. 

Best wishes.

Roger