Join now - be part of our community!

Star Trek: Discovery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Star Trek: Discovery

00a68a8ac9a74d04fb6a43c738756940b1411eb1.jpg

And so it begins (in the US)...  Sunday 24th September.  I believe its on UK Netflix the next day - Monday 25th September.

Basic Plot:

Set roughly ten years before the events of the original Star Trek, the series follows the crew of the USS Discovery as they discover new worlds and civilizations, while exploring the franchise's signature contemporary themes.  The season-long storyline revolves around "an incident and an event in Star Trek history that's been talked about but never been explored".

More Info:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/

------------------

Any fellow Trekkies here???

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No, and are they paying you commission? :grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha - commission.  No.

But I Loooooooove Star Trek.  I am really excited that this is coming back on TV with another series.  I didnt think this would happen for a long time due some legal issues between rival TV networks.

I cant wait to be honest.  Hopefully they dont ruin it with over-complicated story lines like the BBC ruined Dr Who.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I loved the old Star Trek.

Sadly I gave up on Doctor Who when Peter Capaldi joined.

I loved it as a kid, especially Tom Baker.

Can anyone actually tell my why Sylvester McCoy was hired? :grin:

Wonder if its worth resurrecting the TV thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/tv-shows/td-p/1297596/highlight/true

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

I cant wait to be honest.  Hopefully they dont ruin it with over-complicated story lines like the BBC ruined Dr Who.

Ha Ha, my ten year old completely gets the story lines and often has to explain them to me. I still like the series though - go figure....

Jumpy,

Sylvester McCoy was a rubbish Doctor Who IMO, however I think he completely redeemed himself as Radagast the Brown, even after all those mushrooms :joy:

If it ain't broke don't fix it