Join now - be part of our community!

Google Assistant keeps activating with headphones

SOLVED
reg42
Visitor

Google Assistant keeps activating with headphones

Every time I plug in my headphones, Google Voice will activate and try to listen. I will then close it down and carry on trying to listen to music, but if I nudge the cord at all Google Assistant will activate again. It's very annoying, espescially since I use my phone in transit and can't keep it dead still the whole time.

Does anyone have a way to stop this from happening? Or possibly even completely deactivate (or delete) Google Assistant?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
reg42
Visitor

I don't know, I had checked the settings before but nothing seemed to be activated for me.

You may be right, but in the end I just disabled the Google app which seems to have sorted it out

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@reg42

unlock the phone > long press the home button > menu > menu > settings > phone > Other hands free settings > turn them off > back 

reg42
Visitor

I don't know, I had checked the settings before but nothing seemed to be activated for me.

You may be right, but in the end I just disabled the Google app which seems to have sorted it out

Invaderjamin
Visitor

I've had the same issue as well for the past week and when searching on Google to find a solution, everything that was suggested didn't help. However !!! I managed to fix the problem by going to settings - apps - Google - and disable app.

This has since fixed the problem of Google assistant turning on and off when headphones are plugged in and the volume decreasing too.

Hopefully I can find a permanent solution which doesn't involve disabling Google app.

Nopales33
Visitor

Google is **bleep**..I need play music with my headphones

FawadRaja
Visitor

After struggling with this issue from last 1 month, today i have discovered a solution as i applied this technique on my headphones and this issue has been resolved.
So the technique is just slightly scratch the bottom part of the head phones cord pin (silver or golden) with knife or scissor.
I don't know if am able to explain you properly, let me expian you again, its only headphones, not the phone jack(don't try to scratch any part of the phone, just scratch little bottom part of head phone cord(the silver or golden pin which you put inside the phone jack).

Bottom part of Pin as pin has 3 cuts on it so scratch bottom part slightly with knife or any sharp item to remove its sliver or golden coating. I have tried my best to explain you so i hope this technique will work. 

Andy110362
Visitor

Hey Raja, I haven't heard of this before: do you mind posting a Youtube video or something?

FarooqSenkyu
Visitor

O my Effing Gordon, thank you so much. That is was killing my playlist and good mood vibe.

Live long and prosper. 🖖

MarinaM
Visitor

well after scratching the jack it worked and I was so excited.  But it only worked for about five minutes then came back on.  Do you have to scratch off all the coating?

TonySstark
Visitor

FawadRaju this worked like a charm.

One thing I couldn't scratch it with knife I just scratched it on the floor and voila, now it works without any issue.

I want to know How did you come across this solution though?? 🤔🤔