Join now - be part of our community!

GPS not working

SOLVED
heiyo
Visitor

GPS not working

I'm with the xperia x performance,and I found GPS not working recently,and I have try the test mode (*#*#7378423#*#*), I used the option of GPS location test ,it's nothing happen just told me waiting for location update.and I have try the second option.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emil
Enthusiast

I'm afraid it's very hard for me to say which apps may be causing your phone to behave this way. What I'd recommend is that you make sure that all of your downloaded apps are updated. A easy way to update all of you apps at ones is to go to: Google Play  > Tap the 3 lines > My apps & games > Update all.

If the phone is acting the same way I suggest that you try to uninstall apps until you find the one/ones causing this behavior. I'd recommend that you start with the ones most recently installed.

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @heiyo,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your Xperia X Performance.

I would recommend that you try and purge the assistance data for your GPS. You can do this if you go to to the GPS location test and click Purge Assistance Data. Then restart your phone and wait about 30 minutes and try the test again. Does it behave the same way?

If the same behavior persists I'd recommend that you reboot your phone to safe mode to see if this is caused by one or more of your installed apps as these will be temporary disable in this mode.

Let me know how it goes!

heiyo
Visitor

I have done as you told,and GPS is working in safe mode,but how do I know which one or more app is causing this problem?
Emil
Enthusiast

I'm afraid it's very hard for me to say which apps may be causing your phone to behave this way. What I'd recommend is that you make sure that all of your downloaded apps are updated. A easy way to update all of you apps at ones is to go to: Google Play  > Tap the 3 lines > My apps & games > Update all.

If the phone is acting the same way I suggest that you try to uninstall apps until you find the one/ones causing this behavior. I'd recommend that you start with the ones most recently installed.

Let me know how it goes!

Ghoass
Visitor

i have the same problem that when i try to GPS Location Test, its just "Waiting for location update".

i already tried Purge Assistance Data and didnt work

i already tried reboot to safe mode and try the test again, but the same behavior persists. help please, is it because of some of my apps or is it my device? thanks before

Moch
Visitor

I have the exact same problem with my brand new Xperia XZ and I've try all the tricks you gave...  Is there is any solution for that problem?

Wylfrand
Visitor

Same pb with my xperia x F5121, i have done everything but still have the same pb, maybe i missed some update on my Sony ?? ... Hope i dont need to change my phone... 

profile.country.FR.title
jeanpba
New

Hello

I use an xperia z ultra and my GPS is working but since november 2019, it gives to the apps a wrong date relative to 2000 instead of 2019...

This is the WNRO bug

How to solve it in xperia z ultra ?

i tried to purge gps data as mentionned with *#*#7378423#*#*

but the problem is still the same

could you help me ?

regards

Jean-Philippe