Join now - be part of our community!

how to disable call baring

Anot
Visitor

how to disable call baring

Good day;

I am having a problem regarding my sony Xperia X, I cant make an outgoing call but my network is fine, I can send an sms and can browse the internet its just that I cant make calls. I already refered this to my network provider and they say that the call baring has been activated. I cant deactivate it because it is asking for a code and when I enter 0000 its says call settings error networ or sim card error. Can you please help me with this problem.. Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Anot

Call Barring is a setting that should be controlled by your network provider, and they should be assisting you with disabling it. As for the required code, I'm pretty sure it should be either the PIN or PUK codes bundled with your original SIM card case.

Anot
Visitor

They say That I should go to the sony service center because they dont know the code and only sony personnel knows it..

Jonas
Master

Hi @Anot!

The code you need to enter is the PIN2 code, which is not a very commonly used code but since it's related to the SIM card/network, your operator should be able to provide you with this code so you can access this menu and remove the block for outgoing calls.

I'm not 100% sure that this is only handled by the device, it might be that it can be bypassed by your operator turning off the block for outgoing calls on your subscription.

Let us know how it goes!

Anot
Visitor

the network provider had just given me a code and still it doesnt work.. is there any way I can fix this? thanks

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Is it a device setting or is it the SIM card.

First step to pinpoint your problem is using a friend's SIM card and make a call.

You can try calling in safe mode too, see what happens.

Last option, a very wild guess: It is reported that a device is acting strange with a faulty SD card in it.

Remove your SD card (after unmounting or device switched off) and see what happens.

Oh and PS

The answers @Quester and @Jonas gave you should be your starting point. You should have a PUK code to reset your SIM card.

Anot
Visitor

Good day all...

Thank you for all of your response regarding my problem, I just found the solution through scrolling my phone seurity settings.  Thank you very much_20180528_065951.JPG

Jonas
Master

Hi @Anot, glad to hear that everything has been resolved now! Slightly_smiling_Face

It may be the case that you have you changed the code for call barring after accessing this menu for the first time and then you'll need a new SIM card if you can't remember the code, just keep that in mind for the future! Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks for letting us know that it has been resolved and have a great day!

Torj
Visitor

And it works on mine too- that "Network Settings Reset".

So thank you.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Torj!

That's great to hear! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have an awesome day and let me know if there is anything else.