Join now - be part of our community!

Phone won't charge, battery dead

Bianca93
Visitor

Phone won't charge, battery dead

Hi, 

I'm having this unfortunate situation since this morning: the phone won't charge when I plug it, the battery is totally drained and there is no way it turns on (it only shows the battery logo when I push the power button). It looks like it does not detect the phone charger (which works fine). 

I can only find information about the Xperia Z models and nothing seems to work. 

Everything worked fine until yesterday, nothing happened to the phone (two weeks old, by the way). 

Is there any way to fix this?? I would REALLY like to avoid and send it to an assistance center. 

Thanks. 

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Chazzy328
Visitor

Hey thanks for your reply i did figure it out i realized after my post that i was indeed in fastboot mode from there i just restarted the phone normally with a charger and it boot fine thanks again and happy holidays

codeist
Visitor

Holding down the power button while plugging my phone in has just worked when nothing else would. Thanks!

koi6050
Visitor

Battery left 1% But when I closed power button and volume control together , i get from 9 to 20% but no charging action Then it will slowly reduced to 1%

nico111
Visitor

followed your steps and it worked.Thanks for this forum..i was ready to call it quits on this phone.

ps.my phone is already an few years old..so i hate to loose it.What causes this corruption?of course nothing last forever..might be time to repplace anyhow.