Join now - be part of our community!

Remove swiftkey

vassiliys
Visitor

Remove swiftkey

Good day.

How can i uninstall/delete this keyboard. I do 'force stop' for it every day. I do not want use it. 

60 REPLIES 60
Christofer
Champion

Hi @DrBIG,

I'm afraid I don't know why it isn't possible to download Xperia Keyboard from Google Play but I have requested more information about this.

mats_w
Visitor

Yeah, that's a mystery. It has worked like a charm for me for several months now. I figure it's measure to discourage users from getting used to it, thus avoiding too much of a sh*t storm when/if it gets pulled from the store altogether. Only speculations is course, but I see no point at all otherwise.
Philip0
Visitor

I have had a few problems recently overheating and running out of battery, wether it was the "Google keyboard" causing the battery to run low very quickly or the hardware I am not sure, but after switching to the "Xperia keyboard" as the default, my battery is running much better, and the multi taps are reducing, I believe the google keyboard is not suitable for this phone at the moment.
Umo1
Visitor

Install the xperia keybord. Not to hard to find..😁
Philip0
Visitor

The battery is running low on the Xperia keyboard once again, I will resume using the Google keyboard

mats_w
Visitor

Obviously, you had this issue with both keyboards. What makes you think it's related to keyboard app? I'd stick with the better product. Upside-down_Face
Philip0
Visitor

The first time i switched to the Xperia keyboard the device had a much better battery life (which changed shortly after - as above), many factors could have influenced this effect (i was running in safe mode temporarily) The battery life has doubled since build # 297 so I am no longer committing such drastic changes, i would have stayed with the SwiftKey keyboard if the battery didnt drain so quickly, the keyboard is in use by all applications my only guess was the keyboard did not agree with the operating system's sleep mode (/in particular applications) so time to try another keyboard manager.
Janneeman
Visitor

Tryed to install another old sony keyboard but it dont work,
How can i get a real keyboard on my phone this SwiftKey crap is totaly useless, i need a real keyboard
Philip0
Visitor

SwiftKey is good for customizability (How To Geek's article).

You can download a new keyboard application from the Play store, and change keyboard in the "language & input" section of the settings and configuration interface on the phone (Settings), this phone came with the SwiftKey keyboard (by default) and a couple of Xperia keyboards.

Xdoxcf
Visitor

I am so glad I found this thread, I have been irritated for many weeks now with swiftkey. Space types something sometimes when I want to type, delete inserts æsj sometimes, but not always.
Love and missed the old keyboard that is now installed