Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi won't turn on, any ideas?

SOLVED
Katie_G
Visitor

WiFi won't turn on, any ideas?

As of three days ago, the WiFi on my phone won't turn on. It gets stuck loading and then turns itself off. I've tried clearing memory and RAM, and turning the phone on safe mode with no luck. This is the international version with the most recent upgrade (Android 7.1.1). Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YoGem
Leader

@Katie_G seems that the wifi stack is crashing, I am afraid your only bet here is to do a software repair using Xperia Companion and if that doesn't work you may have to contact your Local support but if by "international version" you mean you bought it on amazon from a different country then this means that you won't be able to get it repaired in warranty... Try repairing and let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
YoGem
Leader

@Katie_G seems that the wifi stack is crashing, I am afraid your only bet here is to do a software repair using Xperia Companion and if that doesn't work you may have to contact your Local support but if by "international version" you mean you bought it on amazon from a different country then this means that you won't be able to get it repaired in warranty... Try repairing and let me know how it goes.

Katie_G
Visitor

Thanks, that worked! Fingers crossed it stays fixed. Thanks very much!

Misun
Visitor

Reset your network setting and then restart the phone. It works.

pseudonym
Contributor

@YoGem I was under the impression that the latest Android version that will function on this phone is 8.0 (I'm typing on one so-configured right now). Do certain variants not have the capability to be upgraded beyond 7.1.1?