Join now - be part of our community!

Battery replacement advice

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
greenfinch.....
New

Battery replacement advice

Hi.

Can the battery on the Xperia XA2  be changed by the user, service centre, or is it just hard-wired in and thus not replaceable at all?

Thinking of buying my first smartphone and am trying to find out how long they can be expected to last (i.e. battery lasts for), before a new one must be bought.

Many thanks for some help.

Cheers  Neutral_Face 

CrVMo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @CrVMo, welcome to our forum!

That is correct! An authorized service centre can replace the battery in all of our devices, even though they are embedded, so you don't have to worry about that! Slightly_smiling_Face

As @uliwooly wrote, repairing your phone on your own will void the warranty on your device.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@CrVMo

most phones have a sealed battery, which makes sense as the phones are water resistant for the most part, not this model, you could send your phone to get the battery replaced by your Local support.

How long can you expect the battery last for? that's a complicated question, it's usually 2 years with normal use before you notice that the battery doesn't hold charge as good as when it was new. 

Keep in mind that if YOU replace the battery, it will void the warranty (as you have to open the phone).

profile.country.GB.title
greenfinch.....
New

So the Xperia XA2 can have its battery replaced by customer support? Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes

Is it possible to change it myself straightforwardly - whilst recognising that the warranty would be  voided?

CrVMo

profile.country.GB.title
greenfinch.....
New

Thanks for your advice Trophy

Jonas
Master

Hi @CrVMo, welcome to our forum!

That is correct! An authorized service centre can replace the battery in all of our devices, even though they are embedded, so you don't have to worry about that! Slightly_smiling_Face

As @uliwooly wrote, repairing your phone on your own will void the warranty on your device.

HOMEALONE
Visitor

where can I buy a new sony xperia xa2 battery asap. <personal information removed>

Jonas
Master

Hi @HOMEALONE, sorry for the late reply.

We do not sell any spare parts but our authorized service centres will always repair the device using original spare parts, so get in touch with your Local support team and they can arrange a repair for you.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/ > Sony Mobile > choose your country in the drop down list.

cobbler
Visitor

I have an XA2 H3113 Sony Xperia smartphone and had it for two years, it is now in need of a new battery replacement, as this phones battery is non removable can I have a new battery inserted by SONY?