Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA network issue

synviv
Visitor

Xperia XA network issue

Hello,
I would like to share my problem that im facing while turning on data connection in my xperia xa. After turning on data connection net is working fine for few seconds or just u need to keep on surfing-downloading but if i take a pause then the net is not working even the H+ is on the top. Help please.... Net is lyk oxygen for me😩
36 REPLIES 36
StefVdA
Visitor

Got the same problem for over 2 weeks now, and all the other family members got the same provider and have no difficulties with their phones

Mohamad33
Visitor

I got the same problem, my phone makes me crazy when I change the data connection to 3g, I do so for saving battery and since 3g signal is more powerful in my area, but unfortunately I am very disappointed looking people around me enjoying the Internet connection and I am stucking in my place waiting for Internet which it works haphazardly.. Phone is xa ultra Slightly_frowning_Face
SriniSusarla
Visitor

I have a Sony XA ultra F3216 with firmware 36.0.B.2.146. 

This is a dual sim phone and I have a Vodafone sim in sim2 slot. This is a 4g Sim. If I connect using the LTE network mode or WCDMA mode, the phone connects to the data network for a while and after a period of inactivity looses the connection. I can connect to data only by switching the network from lte to WCDMA or vice versa and back, or by a reboot. When this happens even voice calls have intermittent problems. 

I have an airtel 4g sim in the sim1 slot and that works fine. 

R19
Visitor

I am also getting the same problem.Theres no network issue or any APN problem. The problem is with the phone only and is very very frustrating.

VRMENON
Visitor

I have the same issue with network.

No Data connection without any reason.

AAA18
Visitor

After updating my system, I've noticed my mobile data isn't working. Here's what I did which might help you too. You need wifi connection. Go to settings>>>more>>> internet settings and then download settings for internet and mms Slightly_smiling_Face I hope this will be helpful

zacksac
Visitor

Hi ,

I too have same problem with 3g network only . 

Sony is not doing anything . 

Is support a waste ?

Sofia3019
Visitor

Hi, I had the same problem, in other chat someone wrote this and it worked for me:
- In the settings menu, select "More", then "Internet settings" and finally "Accept".

Greetings.

7010065411558790095-account_id=1.png

xanetworkissue
Visitor

Please check these links --

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xa-ultra/help/cell-connectivity-completely-drops-t3430470

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/faq/no-network-coverage/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xa-ultra/help/cell-connectivity-completely-drops-t3430470

How many more customer has to report before you guys check the product throughly?  I bought sony xperia xa on July 2017, thought you guys must have fixed this issue as I went throughly on XA reviews. 

I do not know where you guys bought the XA network receiver but its not tested throghly, receiver is  faulty one. i have used three smart phone before using this I know how to set up/resolve network issue on mobiles. But this is extra ordinary. Did everything no change.

Issue is, while browsing internet on LTE or WCDMA, sometime suddenly internet gets disconnected. My family uses same network's SIM as mine and at that time their internet works perfectly.

Please do testing before launching to market.

Also, please release some patch/upgrade for the same.   

CameronT
Champion

Hi @xanetworkissue,

The second link you provided is the troubleshooting for connectivity issues which will contain a solution to your problem in most cases.

If you have completed all the troubleshooting within it and are still experiencing the same problem, then I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment.