Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 - rebooting itself

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Davekent1981
New

Xperia 5 - rebooting itself

Hi everyone - I hope somebody can help, i!m going crazy! My new Xperia 5 arrived a couple of days ago, and was great for half a day until it started rebooting itself! 

I've tried a factory reset, and a software repair but I get the same, fine for 3-4 hours and then it kicks into the cycle of rebooting itself every 3-4 minutes. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Davekent1981
New

Thanks for the suggestion - it looks like it was an issue with the SIM card, but a faulty SIM. I've hard the same SIM for a few years so maybe wear and tear. Received a new SIM today and all is working perfectly. I can now enjoy my new Xperia phone 😃

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Davekent1981,

with this boot-loop issue I would suggest to get in contact with Sony support via the options listed in this site: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile

- Nic

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Davekent1981,

one of the things you could try is removing the SIM card and inserting it again, in order to make sure it's inserted correctly and it's sitting tight in the slot. Xperia phones reboot when they detect the SIM card being ejected or inserted, so if the card isn't in contact with the pins all the time, it could cause a reboot.

you could also remove the SIM card completely and check if the phone is still rebooting itself then.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @najodleglejszy,

that is a very good suggestion - you are right, if I take out the SIM card while the phone is on, it will reboot.

If it now is not positioned correctly, it will cause the phone to reboot every single time the smartphone runs the SIM detection.

I hope @Davekent1981 gets back to you and reports whether or not that resolved the issue.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Davekent1981
New

Thanks for the suggestion - it looks like it was an issue with the SIM card, but a faulty SIM. I've hard the same SIM for a few years so maybe wear and tear. Received a new SIM today and all is working perfectly. I can now enjoy my new Xperia phone 😃

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

good to hear that you solved it! enjoy your new phone :slight_smile: