Join now - be part of our community!

International Warranty

ADARSHA
Visitor

International Warranty

Team,

This is regarding International Warranty On Sony Mobiles.

Myself Adarsha and I belongs to India. One of my friend staying in UK and I ask him to buy new Sony Xperia™ XA1 mobile. This mobile will going to use in Indian. I just wanted to know that if he bought the mobile in UK and can he get the International Warranty for the same?

Kindly let me know your input.

Adarsh

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ADARSHA

There's no international warranty, if you buy the phone in the UK the warranty its only valid in the UK 

Jonas
Master

Hi @ADARSHA,

The information provided by @uliwooly is correct. There is no global/international warranty.

Below you will find more information regarding country specific terms taken from the warranty terms for the United Kingdom.

"If you have purchased your Product in a country member of the European Economic Area (EEA) or in Switzerland or the Republic of Turkey, and such Product was intended for sale in the EEA or in Switzerland or in Turkey, you can have your Product serviced in any EEA country or in Switzerland or in Turkey, under the warranty conditions prevailing in the country in which you require servicing, provided that an identical Product is sold in such country by an authorised Sony distributor."

In your case the warranty will not be valid in India, since the device is bought in the UK.

If you have any further questions regarding the warranty, I'd recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team. They are better equipped to answer market/region specific questions such as this! Slightly_smiling_Face

I hope that helps!

ADARSHA
Visitor

Thank you

Jonas
Master

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.