Join now - be part of our community!

T3 Hotspot Wifi never comes up

AdrianoSilva
Visitor

T3 Hotspot Wifi never comes up

Until Jan 2015 my T3 wifi hotspot was working normally. From Feb on it stopped. The option Wifi Hotspot when checked shows "Activating..." but never change status. Then I click back and forth in the menu, the message disappered and the option checked, but wifi icon is not shown. Devices also do not detect hotspot. Hard reset also did not solved. Thats weird. Have someone faced that sort of hospot behavior ? Found a solution ? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Is or was your phone locked to a carrier or network branded?
AdrianoSilva
Visitor

Yes, it is locked to a carrier but that was not supposed to be a problem. Even when a carrier was not detected the portable hotspot broadcast SSID. After tapping "Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot" the message "Activating..." stucks and WiFi does not broadcast SSID.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Contact your Carrier/Network as it could be a network restriction, I know here in the USA carriers locked certain features. 

AdrianoSilva
Visitor

I´ve contacted the Network Carrier (Claro). They confirmed there is no restriction regarding the WiFi Hotspot functionality. This week I noticed twice WiFi connectivity power loss, other devices on the same WLAN doesn´t. I will try PC Companion restart before sending it to the Tech Support.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Keep us updated

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

amin_raad
Visitor

Hi
I have the same problem with my own t3 and i reset my phone several times and it fixed but after a few time that i use my hotspot it stops working again,just like before.
KirliN
Visitor

Hi,

I have same problem with hotspot. Restart device doesent help, so what now?

KirliN
Visitor

Seems nobody from tech sony care about our problem...

Same thing with android update... I have xperia t3 and from over 2 years have sh*t version 4.4 kitkat, well now normal smartphones have 6.1... But seems sony dont care about update androids...