Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia LT22i cell phone automatic dead off if SIM card insert

Babykhenn
Visitor

Xperia LT22i cell phone automatic dead off if SIM card insert

Help me pls. I try to use pc companion or update my cellphone but it's not working. I think it's grounded? if I use airplane mode while SIM card inserted to my phone my phone not automatically dead off but if I try to off the airplane mode my phone was automatically off. 

1 REPLY 1
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Babykhenn, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Does this occur with different SIM cards as well? If you have not done so already, could you try to see if it still turns off with a different SIM? As an example, you may ask a relative, colleague or your retailer to borrow you a new SIM for testing purposes. In addition, have you had the chance to factory reset the device data to see if that helps? You may do so by going to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset > Erase internal storage checkbox > Reset phone > Erase everything.

As this will erase everything, I recommend first backing up the device using the built-in backup app called "Back up & restore", once it's open, tap Back up.

I'm sorry to say that Xperia P has reached End of support, so I'm afraid we no longer offer software updates, repairs or other services using PC Companion or other related software. Slightly_frowning_Face Service centers generally no longer carry spare parts for devices which have reached End of support, but since what you are experiencing sounds hardware related I am afraid that I can only refer you to see if you may send it in for servicing. To see if it is available in your local market, I recommend getting in touch with your Local support team to see if they may have some more specifics regarding EOS products for your market.