Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia P shutting down after inserting a Sim card.

adityajoshi67
Visitor

Xperia P shutting down after inserting a Sim card.

Hi,

Updated my Xperia P recently to JB.Was Working fine for a day or two then suddenly the phone shut down automatically.Sent it to Service Center n got the software updated .Still the phone shuts down as soon as I insert a Sim card.The service center guy asked me to change my Sim card.I did it but the problem persists....It runs perfectly well without a Sim?What to do ...????

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

If the sim card moves from its place,the phone restarts automatically.Maybe the sim card does not make perfect contact,so it moves and makes the phone restart.Take the phone back to them and tell them to have a look at the sim card place.

alexdon
Qatatonic
Visitor

I am experiencing this exact behaviour on an Xperia P. The sim card is making good contact as I am able to get the PIN request. It shuts down after entering the PIN, when connecting to the mobile network, leading me to think it has something to do with the radio and nothing to do with the SIM card holder.

Aris_Rts
Visitor

I had the same problem too.This worked for me:
1.Open your phone without sim
2a(Ice cream Sandwich):Then Go to the settings->more->mobile networks->Network mode or  2b(Gingerbread) Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks>Network Mode
3:And change network mode to WCDMA only(this worked for me).
4:Insert your Sim and restart your phone

If "WCDMA only" doesn't work you can try "GSM" only.
Old thread but I hope someone else gets helped by this.

Garry
Visitor

finally got a solution for JB 4.2.1 :

1.remove sim and start the phone

2.open android system settings by dialing *#*#4636#*#* code in phone dial up.

3.open phone information and select wdcma only.

4.insert sim and let phone restart and **bleep** soon **bleep** it starts switch to airplane  mode  before it switches off.

5.repeat step two ,now the settings there will be automatically on 'unknown'.go to mobile network and select ur sim card network the phone signal will re-appear.

worked for me aftr phn sw off fr 2 weeks.hope it works for u too...............

AkashTantri
Visitor

Same problem, followed the steps, but still not working

Reply soon , Thank you Slightly_smiling_Face

Tags (2)
Deepankar
Visitor

Hi,

May i know why this is happening ? it happened even for me also am from India and then I followed the procedure you mentioned now its working fine.

Deepankar
Visitor

Hi,

I have one more point, I fear that if i switch of my phone and start it again will this problem persist ? will my phone get switched off again after inserting SIM ?

Sam
Legend
Legend

@Deepankar - In your case if the above steps have resolved the issue it is unlikely that this would occur again.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Sobin_Jose
Visitor

I have the same problem and the above steps are not working for me... 

help me...