Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

TomW1
Visitor

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

The Android 10 update has somehow affected the fingerprint detection. On Android 9, it was always fast, no matter if I unlocked my phone with the screen deactivated or from the lockscreen. Now, however, the fingerprint reader is very slow when trying to unlock the phone while the screen is deactivated. When I activate the screen beforehand and unlock the phone from the lockscreen, everything works just fine. It would be great if that could be fixed.

Another small thing: When I go into the battery settings, the battery statistics are missing. I cannot see how much battery different apps have consumed.

41 REPLIES 41
profile.country.NL.title
BerndGaykema

I feel sad to agree with all customers from Sony who complain about the fingerprint reader. It takes much longer before the phone unlocks by using this very nice feature,

CrimpOn
Visitor

All of you have the international version, correct?

My US (Verizon) XZ2 Compact has not announced an update to Android 10.

Guess when it does appear, I will decline the update for a month and hope that future firmware addresses these issues.

p.s. Is there a comprehensive list of "what changed with Android 10?"

Asgard93
Visitor

Yes French version.

Yekollu
Contributor

Owning a Xperia 5 and having to deal with Bad finger print sensor , I was pissed off that my friend's xz2 compact received Android 10 before my Xperia 5.... Now all is fair in this world 🙈

And if the treatment of Xperia 5 is an indication of Sony treats its customers, be assured that Sony won't even acknowledge the issues that you mentioned

Jhanny
Visitor

Android 10 is buggy 

Finger scanning lags or doesn't work 

Performance issues 

Ringtone issues 

Loading time issues 

Keyboard issues 

Extensive battery drain 

Menus and settings lag

App loading times are awful 

I whish I never installed the Q update 😭

Jhanny
Visitor

Keep it downgraded and enjoy you smoothly operating phone 😉

JohnJennings
Visitor

I'm planning to downgrade back to 9 with flashtool during the weekend.

Kennung1
Visitor

I also have the same issue (and even worse, the microphone is exremely quiet in my recording apps, such as Whatsapp).

Where can I find the old firmware? Which version was the last non-Android-10 firmware?

Which downgrade tool works with the XZ2 Compact?

Wihu
Visitor

I can confirm the Problem with the fingerprintreader, the slightly slower Overall Performance and the Really Bad battery runtime in the beginning. 

But I could solve the issue with the battery by reseting the bat stats in the following way: discharging the phone until it Turms off automatically, then charging it to 100% without disconnecting. (be Sure that it says 100% fully charged, and not 100% charging) 

Manar1261
Visitor

finally; it's not just the fingerprint sensor. we lost a lot more.

I lost the automatic gesture response function.

facial recognition.

using the screen with one hand.

Sony needs to rectify that🤔🙄😐🙁