Join now - be part of our community!

another headset not supported

profile.country.GB.title
Prastaples
New

another headset not supported

Dear Sony "headset not supported" 

This is my second sony and why oh why did i get another i don't know - there will not be a third- but as i already have a faulty screen meaning the screen turns off everytime i take a call - i have to use the headphones to be able to see the screen during calling , as of 20 mintues ago this has now not been an option.

im not sending my phjone anywhere because i need it everyday for owrk - pleaser advise what piece of junk software i need to remove for this to work again.

Yes im bloody cross because its infuriating how rubbish this phone is - every month another problem.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @Prastaples

Did you just want to complain or can we try to give you some help to maybe overcome your problem.

If so, please try to explain what's going wrong in a way that others can reproduce the situation you're in.

profile.country.GB.title
Prastaples
New

Hi there

I can see what you mean, it was a little complainy wasn't it. Let's chalk it up to an emotional reaction caused by the human condition and move on. 

Basically when I plug in any headphones I hear 4 clicks through the ear pieces followed by a message on screen saying  headset not supported.

I have tried 4 different headphones and get the same reaction. I also have a screen that always turns off when a call connects, unless headphones are connected. I'm really hoping that this is not another hardware issue as I have spent a lot of money repairing this phone.

Many thanks to anyone who has any ideas. And sincerest apologies for being a grumpy person in my initial post. 

Thank you 

Pete