Join now - be part of our community!

Colour gamut and contrast setting keeps changing itself to 'super-vivid mode'

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Colour gamut and contrast setting keeps changing itself to 'super-vivid mode'

I've got a Sony Xperia XZ3, and recently I've noticed the display colour randomly keeps  changing itself and going super bright and strong, luminous in a way.

With a bit of investigating I found the setting that keeps changing itself is 'Settings>Display>Colour gamut and contrast'. Even when it changes itself the setting toggle (or whatever it's called!) still shows as what as I set it to.

I can't figure out any pattern as to when and why it happens, so the best I can settle with for now is I've put a display settings shortcut on my home screen for quick access for when I need to change it back, but it's happening all the time now and I can't imagine my patience will last!

Is there anything I can do to permanently stop this 'colour gamut and contrast' setting from constantly changing itself before I throw my phone out of the window?!

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.CY.title
MiG15F
Explorer

As i do experience that issue too i found out that its not showing those symptoms on SAFE MODE. 
I guess it's something to do with an application. It started to do that very commonly as soon as i created my NETFLIX account. 
It was doing that thing before that NETFLIX thing too. But it was rare.

I think it will come off with a simple FACTORY RESET but that's not sure ( Haven't done it yet )

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

What is safe mode and where do I find it?

I've had the Netflix app on my phone since I got it the first time in June last year, and on each of two replacements since (obviously including this one), but the problem has only been happening in the last fortnight or so. Also, I don't think I've downloaded any new apps in that time at all, never mind any that may have caused the problem.

I'm loathe to ever do a factory reset for anything unless it's a last resort in a totally desperate situation.

profile.country.CY.title
MiG15F
Explorer

You can find SAFE MODE on Settings>Support> Scroll down for SAFE MODE.
By the way i did a HARD RESET, it seems that the problem disappeared for now. Let you know if it will come up.  

profile.country.CY.title
MiG15F
Explorer

Unfortunately i do have bad news, FACTORY REST DIDN'T HELP, it keeps bringing that Super Vivid mode on to my screen

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @GregMcr,

can you please post a screenshot of your display-settings-page?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Screenshot_20201230-112423.png

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Screenshot_20201230-112434.png

profile.country.GB.title
GregMcr

Screenshot_20201230-112446.png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, you can try to change the mode to standard mode and enable your device on safe mode and check if it will change again or not ?