Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Could you test it in >>> safe mode

Brohken
Visitor

Just tried it. No real change.

I know what double tap should work like because I used it in my Z3 Compact. It worked nearly 100% of the time.
AntCW
Visitor

I have also noticed this. Very annoying as still works perfect on my z2. It's like the sensitivity isn't set correctly. I even did a repair via pc companion but no improvement.

Hopefully software related although my first xz worked better, although it had issues with signal dropping during calls with person on other end not hearing me for a few seconds, then hearing me again.

AntCW
Visitor

Just to add I have also turned on double tap to sleep which works perfect every time, so seems software related.
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

How do you double tap to wake?

I've noticed that X & XZ reacts diffrently compared to the Z series.

I can double tap to wake Z series in any situation (in hand or laid on table)

While for XZ it works 100% in hand, but there are some missing out when laid on flat surface.

KangYoon
Visitor

Same here, my XZ is pretty impressive so far after using for a week.

But only thing is the double tap to wake not working.

Maybe only 1 out of 10 times trying worked.

I have a Screen Protector come free from local Sony distributor by the way..

chunxi
Visitor

same, my double tap is not working properly.

i have to tap more than 10 times for the phone to wake.

after wake, the touchscreen work perfectly and diagnostic also works.

so i think is software not detecting the double tap all the time.

AntCW
Visitor

Looking forward to seeing what xperia support mention on here. Although think I'll give my local support a call later, and I'll update on here
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Oh I found the problem with mine, now it's working properly just like Z series, I had Stamina ON.

With Marshmallow, Stamina has issue with double tap to wake because Doze cut the screen standby mode for double tap to work to save battery.

Try it and give us a feedback