Join now - be part of our community!

Hotmail email trash folder

SOLVED
Pebbles2
Visitor

Hotmail email trash folder

I have 1 showing on my trash folder but there is no email actually in the trash folder.

How do I get rid of this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Pebbles2,

Because hotmail is a third party app it is generally best to contact the app developer for troubleshooting assistance.

I can provide some generic support however, these steps resolve most app issues. Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps > Hotmail > Storage > Clear Data, then restart your phone.

You will need to sign back in to hotmail after doing this, but it might remove that notification.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Pebbles2,

Because hotmail is a third party app it is generally best to contact the app developer for troubleshooting assistance.

I can provide some generic support however, these steps resolve most app issues. Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps > Hotmail > Storage > Clear Data, then restart your phone.

You will need to sign back in to hotmail after doing this, but it might remove that notification.

Pebbles2
Visitor

Hi, 

Thanks so much, that worked but I can't seem to bring up older emails. 

Would you know how I can get them to show please? 

Kind regards

Pebbles2

Pebbles2
Visitor

Hi, 

I've somehow managed to get all my older emails back. 

Thank you for your support. 

Kind regards 

Pebbles2 

Pebbles2
Visitor

Hi, 

Thank you for your support earlier. 

Everything worked, I got my older emails back but now I'm not receiving new emails at all. 

Could you advise me on how to get the please?

Kind regards 

Pebbles2 

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Pebbles2,

Try removing and re-adding your hotmail account under Settings > Accounts, if it is in here. If that does not work, please contact the application developers.