Join now - be part of our community!

Missing track info when using XZs in car with bluetooth connection

SOLVED
Blotz
Visitor

Missing track info when using XZs in car with bluetooth connection

When I use my XZs in my car by bluetooth connection I don't see track info, it just show "unknown".

Also the commands play, stop, forward don't work. The software of my entertainment system hasn't changed and my Z1 with android 5.1 worked great. My XZs with 7.1.1 doesn't. It doesn't matter which app I use, Sony music or Google Play.

Would be great if this can be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blotz
Visitor

After apgrade to Oreo the following solution works in my case, I set Bluetooth version to 1.5

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

this is a known problem with nougat, not just in sony devices. have you tried to contact the car stereo maker to see if they have released an update on their side?

Blotz
Visitor

Thanks. I have contacted my car stereo maker, Audi. They didn't had an update/solution. Maybe in the future. Hope android fixes this in future release....

Blotz
Visitor

After apgrade to Oreo the following solution works in my case, I set Bluetooth version to 1.5

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.