Join now - be part of our community!

No sound during video calling or loud speaker

Auntieboo
Visitor

No sound during video calling or loud speaker

When on video call I cannot hear the person on the other end. The is both when I call them and they call me. Also, when I put my phone on loud speaker during a call it doesn't work. Headphones work fine. Any ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.da_DK.title
pekylle
Visitor

Do you have another device connected (Bluetooth)?
I have the same problem with an all-time Bluetooth connected smart-watch.
I 'blame' the application for not handling it correctly. ( It works for the phone-app when you want to use it as speaker-phone - you get the choice to select output)

L0renz
Visitor

Sake here. Aldo, my volume up Key isn't working. 

Really disappointed since pie update. 

Maximog
Visitor

Hi, I'm having literally no sound from any of my speakers, the microphone on my xz premium doesn't work, I can't play videos... Everything since my phone updated yesterday. 

I ended up with a phone that can't make a call, won't ring, won't play a video. I can't use whatsapp, instagram, calls... now I have a pocket sized typewritter, thanks Sony AWESOME 'xperia-nce'

Sim79
Visitor

hi all. i'm face the same problem. did sony provide solution to fix this issue yet?

S08
Visitor

I also have the same issue. Loud speaker not during calls. Tried calling Sony, no use. Since the phone was bought before 1yr and 4months they are not even ready to fix it. Advised to take it to local stores since there is no Sony service center in our place. And no stores are able to fix it coz they don't do Sony mobile services. Doomed.. Poor customer service at Sony. 

Thisbe_1
Visitor

Same problem here... 

PREEY
Visitor

I have the same issue since upgrade. I'm thinking of moving away from Sony unless they help with this! 

Flarup1
Visitor

This is clearly a software problem. 

I can start a call and have sound.

But when I press the Speaker icon, the sound dissapears.

I can go and start any other app, and it plays sound on the speaker. 

clicker
Visitor

I need help.  I have an xperia that has no sound when I make or receive a video call through Whatsupp.  The sound works fine for audio calls.