Join now - be part of our community!

phone dead?

profile.country.NL.title
ashgard
New

phone dead?

Hi,

I have a xperia xz2 compact. Recently it had some issues. When I connected it to the charger, the phone hangs. I could reset it using the volume down/up + power button. But now that doesn't work either. The screen is off and nothing seems to happen:

- If I hold the power button, I see a short green flash at the indicator led. But the screen remains off.

- If I connect it to the charger, the indicator led turn red, but the screen remains off, nothing happens.

- If I keep it in the charger, the led doesn't turn green to indicate it is full. So I am not sure it is actually charging. 

- If I hold the volume up and/or down + power button, nothing happens. No vibrations as I had before. Sometimes I see a short green flash at the indicator led. But the screen remains off.

- I tried to use the sony repair software, but it doesnt recognize the phone, as it doesn't start.

I gave up the phone, but would like to start it one more time to get some data. Any suggestions?

Thanks ashgard

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you tick "the device isn't recognised or is a smart watch' @software repair?

profile.country.NL.title
ashgard
New

Yes, I used that option. Should I try others?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When I'm panicing I allways try every option.

However in this case when you did try the 'device isn't recognised etc' and you did follow the instructions exactly as the screen instructs you then you're probably out of options.

To resume:

-battery charged

- device switched off

- software repair and option ticked

- it will ask you to connect while pressing vol-down or something if I remember correctly

- do exactly as the screen instructs you.

Just try it once again.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

For the software repair option, try to follow the steps in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQ23k11NFc

If the software repair didn't manage to solve the issue, the device probably needs to be repaired and you'll need to contact Sony for that.