Join now - be part of our community!

Problem receiving picture messages

Racheycakes20
Visitor

Problem receiving picture messages

I'm having problems with receiving picture messages on my XZ. No matter how long my data is switched on for I can't receive a picture message. The only thing that works is if I send one to my own number first ;it's as though this jump-starts the data into life. I've downloaded the Internet /mms settings and I know I have to switch off WiFi and switch on data, but I don't understand why picture messages won't receive properly. Has anyone else experienced this? 

1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @Racheycakes, that sounds strange, sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Since you can send and receive MMS messages to your own number each time, I'd recommend that you try with a different or a new SIM card in your phone, if you can borrow one from a colleague, friend or family member and mount that SIM card in your phone > send a MMS to a contact of yours and see if they are able to receive or if you have to send one to your own number to get this working.

You can also ask your service provider (operator) and see if they are able to assist you with having your MMS service reset on your subscription.

Let me know if that helps!