Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Goldkoron
Visitor

Okay here goes.

- Can Daydream VR be used unofficially on the XZP?

- How is overheating on the phone? Does it get hot from any lengthy game sessions or 4k recording?

- Can file sizes above 4GB be stored on micro SD cards slotted in the phone? (File systems like NTFS or EXFAT or the like supported basically)

RoboticBot
Visitor

Asked elsewhere, but not answered yet:
Out of the box, what Apps are displayed in full 4K?  Please include any and all!
Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Goldkoron wrote:

Okay here goes.

- Can Daydream VR be used unofficially on the XZP?

Not tried yet 

- How is overheating on the phone? Does it get hot from any lengthy game sessions or 4k recording?

Have not experienced any kind of overheating or anything beyond warm, even streaming 4k

- Can file sizes above 4GB be stored on micro SD cards slotted in the phone? (File systems like NTFS or EXFAT or the like supported basically)

Shouldn't be a problem with EXFAT, I'll test later

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@RoboticBot wrote:

Asked elsewhere, but not answered yet:
Out of the box, what Apps are displayed in full 4K?  Please include any and all!
Thanks!

Video

Album

Youtube

Amazon video

Emir1
Hero

Hi @RoboticBot! I see that you got a reply from one of the developers in your thread, which was that the Album app and many video apps support 4K while in landscape - and aside from that it uses Full HD. Complete reply found here.

To try and give you a more complete list of apps, I will forward it internally and let you know as soon as I receive some more information! Slightly_smiling_Face 

Yet1Bluesky
Visitor

Even though I own the XZP, I have one question. When its dark, I can see a sensor blinking when the screen is on (you can see that sensor on the picture). What sensor is that? I think its next to the approximate sensor.DSC_0032.JPG

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Yet1Bluesky wrote:

Even though I own the XZP, I have one question. When its dark, I can see a sensor blinking when the screen is on (you can see that sensor on the picture). What sensor is that? I think its next to the approximate sensor.DSC_0032.JPG

it's blinking red in the dark, isn't it? yes, it's a proximity sensor. it's supposed to emit infrared light but its frequency is very close to the range of the spectrum of the visible light, so you can see it sometimes.

EmNr
Visitor

Do you enable 'Adaptive brightness' option in display settings? If so, that is the phone's ambient light sensor.

Svenskaz01
Visitor

Does moving apps to microsd have would cause a performance drop instead of it being resided in the internal storage? (which is UFS 2.1)?