Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Avril
Visitor

Why did you delete my post?:smileysad:

vahid12
Visitor

dear friends

where is call forwarding option/menu in xz premium dual? I cant find. (device is already updated to android 8.0.0).

it will be greatfullness if somone help me.

Pryde97
Visitor

If you're in the US, you're out of luck. These features are only hardware available, no firmware will ever be made. It's paper weight. Get a new phone. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Pryde97

Which feature are you referring to ?

Aeternvm
Visitor

1. You need to activate it. 
  2. Go into the Phone App
  3. Touch the the three vertical dots button in the Phone App
  4. Select Settings or Call Settings
  5. Choose Call Forwarding
  6. And select one of the following options:
  • Always forward: All incoming calls are forwarded automatically to the number you have set. You device won't even ring when it receives a call
  • Forward when busy: Calls are forwarded when you are currently talking to somebody else on your device. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you are currently talking to somebody else on your device
  • Forward when unanswered: Calls are forwarded when you don't answer them. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you don't answer a call on your device.
  • Forward when unreached: Calls are forwarded when your device is turned off, do not have a cell signal or is in airplane mode. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you don't answer a call on your device

6. Set the forwarding number, which you want your calls to be forwarded too.
7. Select enable or OK

You should now see a call forwarding icon on your notification bar, which states that you have call forwarding enabled. 
To disable select disable during set 6.

Tags (2)
Moose98
Visitor

Hey. I have an XZ Premium and I don't get how I'm still stuck with the October patch with the January patch out 2 days ago. I haven't received either of November or December and it's frustrating because my WiFi keeps disconnecting and the camera quality is extremely poor and it's frustrating. Especially having to use Mobile data all the time. I'm based in Ireland so I assumed I would have received an update but I haven't. 

Many thanks in advance for the help

vahid12
Visitor

@Aeternvm wrote:
  1. You need to activate it. 
  2. Go into the Phone App
  3. Touch the the three vertical dots button in the Phone App
  4. Select Settings or Call Settings
  5. Choose Call Forwarding
  6. And select one of the following options:
  • Always forward: All incoming calls are forwarded automatically to the number you have set. You device won't even ring when it receives a call
  • Forward when busy: Calls are forwarded when you are currently talking to somebody else on your device. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you are currently talking to somebody else on your device
  • Forward when unanswered: Calls are forwarded when you don't answer them. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you don't answer a call on your device.
  • Forward when unreached: Calls are forwarded when your device is turned off, do not have a cell signal or is in airplane mode. This option is usually enabled already to direct calls to your voicemall when you don't answer a call on your device

6. Set the forwarding number, which you want your calls to be forwarded too.
7. Select enable or OK

You should now see a call forwarding icon on your notification bar, which states that you have call forwarding enabled. 
To disable select disable during set 6.

perfect guidance. problem is resolved now.

thankyou very much good luck

NN11
Visitor

Have a question regarding using both speakers simultaneously in speaker mode.

When I put my xperia xz premium on speaker during a call, only one speaker of two works. Is there a way to make them work together?

stanlykubrick
Contributor

NO...only the bottom one works in this mode...stupid, I agree, but that's the way it is.

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@NN11 @StanleyKubrick from what I've found in some old thread, apparently only only one of the speakers is used in order to avoid echo effect during the call.