Join now - be part of our community!

Screen goes black for a while when making a call

SOLVED
PDas
Visitor

Screen goes black for a while when making a call

From yesterday,  whenever a call was made, the screen would go black, only the upper side (sim status, battery percentage, clock) and the lower side (back button, home) are active. And after 15-20 seconds the normal call interface appears on the screen.

If anybody has any solution of it, please let me know. Thank you.

Screenshot_20180106-204310.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@PDas since it doesn't persist in safe mode, it's caused by one of the apps you have installed, as all safe mode does is that it disables third party applications. the question now is which app is causing that. I'd strongly suggest temporarily uninstalling the custom theme you're using, as themes sometimes cause some weird bugs like that. if the problem doesn't disappear after that, then you'll probably just have to try uninstalling apps one by one, starting from the ones you updated or installed recently, until you find the one that causes the issue. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@PDasI see you're using a third party theme. have you tried switching to one of preloaded themes, or even uninstalling the theme for a while, to see if the same thing happens?

PDas
Visitor

Hi,

It has certain started from yesterday. And the theme I use from right after purchasing the phone 4 months ago. The theme is not making problem for sure. Is there any other solutions please let me know. Thanks 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@PDas still, it wouldn't hurt to try. anyway, you should see if the same thing happens when you boot to safe mode

PDas
Visitor

Dear @najodleglejszy, it is not happening when it is in safe mode. But in regular mode it is happening. And after sometime when the normal call interface appears, then only the call is possible. 

Now pl suggest what do I do.

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@PDas since it doesn't persist in safe mode, it's caused by one of the apps you have installed, as all safe mode does is that it disables third party applications. the question now is which app is causing that. I'd strongly suggest temporarily uninstalling the custom theme you're using, as themes sometimes cause some weird bugs like that. if the problem doesn't disappear after that, then you'll probably just have to try uninstalling apps one by one, starting from the ones you updated or installed recently, until you find the one that causes the issue. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Extra tip:

When you see your apps, then tick the 3 dots in the upper right corner.

Then sort by date.

You will see the most recent installed apps.

Start deleting the last installed app and so on until your problem is over.

PDas
Visitor

@najodleglejszy, thanks... for your support. And the issue is fixed after uninstalling almost all the 3rd party apps. Thanks a lot.

PDas
Visitor

@Strampke,Thanks for your suggestion, the issue is fixed.