Join now - be part of our community!

Screen stays on during phone calls

Dekrob
Visitor

Screen stays on during phone calls

When I make a call the screen goes black but then comes back on. Happens every time and because it's touching my head. It either hangs up or opens something up. Any ideas why the screen won't stay off while in call? 

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @Dekrob, sorry to hear about this, must be very inconvenient. Slightly_frowning_Face

Is this something that has started to occur very recently, for example after you updated your phone or installed a new application?

There is a sensor placed just to the right of the Sony logo at the top of your phone called proximity sensor. When this sensor is covered by for example, your ear during a call the screen should remains off and only turn itself on when you remove it from your ear.

I'd recommend that you start with testing this sensor in the inbuilt diagnostics test in the phone which you can find in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Ear Proximity.

You can also take a dry cloth and clean this specific area of the display and make a call and see if there has been any change.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Dekrob
Visitor

Thanks for that I'll try what you suggested and post back with results. Thank you 

Jonas
Master

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Looking forward to hear from you again and I hope we can get this resolved together!