Join now - be part of our community!

SMS Delivery Reports Stopped XZ1C on Vodafone UK

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Tizer1

SMS Delivery Reports Stopped XZ1C on Vodafone UK

As the title says SMS Delivery Reports have stopped on my XZ1C on Vodafone UK and I was wondering if the same thing has happened to anyone else, especially if they are on Vodafone because I think it is their problem but they will not do much unless the same thing is happening to other Sony phones with the Google Messaging App.

I have checked that Delivery Reports are enabled, and also cleared the App's Cache & Data which did not fix it.

I then uninstalled the App's updates to revert back to the factory version and this did not fix it either.

Everything else on the phone works perfectly so I'm reluctant to do a Factory reset or go down the Xperia Companion route.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Tizer1

Fixed now. After clearing Data and rolling back the App I did not restart my phone, but this morning I booted my phone into Safe Mode and Delivery Reports started working again. I then started my phone in normal mode and they were still working and I have since rebooted the phone again and they are still working.

I don't know if booting into Safe Mode kick started something or the reboot after rolling back the App or if Vodafone have done something but it is working fine now.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Tizer1

Fixed now. After clearing Data and rolling back the App I did not restart my phone, but this morning I booted my phone into Safe Mode and Delivery Reports started working again. I then started my phone in normal mode and they were still working and I have since rebooted the phone again and they are still working.

I don't know if booting into Safe Mode kick started something or the reboot after rolling back the App or if Vodafone have done something but it is working fine now.