Join now - be part of our community!

System UI keeps stopping XZ1

profile.country.GB.title
leonday93
Explorer

System UI keeps stopping XZ1

My Sony Xperia Xz1 will only open with fingerprint. When I try to use the pattern it resets to lock screen and after 2 attempts a message pops up "system UI keeps stopping" and there are 2 options. Close app or app info. Both seem to reset to lock screen. Worried if the phone battery dies or resets I won't be able to open it (as you need to use pattern in this case). I'd rather not have to factory reset the phone. Are there any other solutions? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

If you don't want to reset try this:

Switch off the device. Have the battery charged.

Push the power button to start the device.

As soon as there is life, push vol-down and keep pushing vol-down.

Your XZ1 will start in safe mode.

If it starts up properly and functions properly there is a big chance that some self installed app is interfering.

Find the last installed few apps and delete those.

Then restart the device and hope for the best.

PS

I would consider doing a reset or a software repair with Xperia companion once in a while, say once a year.

It keeps your machine clean and makes it speedy again.

Find instructions about howto backup here and don't forget to click the links on the last line of the post.

profile.country.GB.title
leonday93
Explorer

Thanks so much for the reply. Something to try if nothing else works!

I'm hoping to find a solution without turning the phone off as really worried when it starts up again I won't be able to open it at all (fingerprint does not work if it has been off reset). Phone works pretty well apart from that considering it's over 2 yrs old now.