Join now - be part of our community!

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

shukuki555
Visitor

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

The Lanyard Hole was a big bonus and makes the xperia different from other brands. It might not be a big thing to some, but its the details of their designs through out their xperia lineups. They should really consider bring back the Lanyard Hole, because its just this little hole that makes the xperia more unique and a bit different from other competitors and Its also useful to some users who likes to put a strap on their phones.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

dquilon
Contributor

I agree... I made the same complaint when the X line started... I really wonder why they took it away. For me it feels safer to have a wrist strap rather than a case (both together is ideal)...

Anyway I think I will miss that feature because now there are absolutely no phones with it and when I upgrade my Z3C it's going to feel weird... Specially now that I have to go for a bigger option in order to have the better features.
profile.country.IT.title
Bhonder
Contributor

You could adopt Ringke fusion cover which has lanyard hole even for the iPhone cover.

Good advice Uliwolly: I will file a complain for both Fm radio and lanyard. I will report back about it.

Nuno_sf
Visitor

I need to upgrade from Z3 but XZ has no lanyard hole. I am a Sony regular customer with a Sony ecosystem of devices, unfortunately I will have to opt for Z5 and start studying alternatives for the next moves. I use the Lanyard for trekking and other activities, and a floating strap for boat, beach and pool. It proved being very useful.
ply17410
Visitor

I can't believe they removed lanyard or wrist strap attachment point from all phones.
Christofer
Champion

Hi all, 

I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding decisions like this but I understand how you feel. I will forward your thoughts on this as user feedback.

profile.country.HR.title
mariagi27

Hole for lanyard is what I really need.I take my phones around neck,and i dont need some ugly case with hole for lanyard, maybe only frame with hole for lanyard. So Sony make some about this,make some frame,but fast!
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Yes, bring back the lanyard hole...
profile.country.HR.title
mariagi27

Do you know where to find only bumper frame,with hole for lanyard?