Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia xz premium freezing

profile.country.GB.title
Dogmanmike15
Explorer

Xperia xz premium freezing

Hello

My xperia xz keeps freezing on the home screen, 

I can swipe though each pane but the sames apps move over aswell?

If I am on the same page of apps when the screen freezes, I just go into any app, come back out and its fine again?, scroll to a different pane and nothing works, unless I go into a app on the bottom line, come back out, normal again

I've done a soft/hard/factory reset each time before sending it off to Sony, 4 Times!!!!!

Received phone back, no different, not happy 

The screen has been changed and the motherboard x2, still playing up

Does anyone have any ideas?

The one thing I do know that if I have any sort of lock screen it doesn't appear to play up at all?

I have put a link below for my video to show exactly what the problem is for anone who might be lost

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8b3_LObACw

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Dogmanmike15,

I have a strong feeling that your issue is caused by one of the apps you have installed. You said if you have a screen lock of any type the issue won't appear, can you remove any screen lock you have (to try and reproduce the issue) then restart your phone in Safe Mode.

If the issue stops happening completely while in Safe Mode (all 3rd party apps disabled) then one of them is definitely the culprit. I'll begin pointing to antivirus, cleaners, and other apps that have the permission to draw over your screen.

profile.country.GB.title
Dogmanmike15
Explorer

Hello Qatrium, It can't be any of my apps I've installed because even straight after a factory reset the problem still occurs with nothing on it,

I also was told to put it in safe mode(forgot to mention that in the original post),

put it in safe mode, still no different 

It might be an app preinstalled on the phone maybe?

I suspect this problem was always on the phone....

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Dogmanmike15 

The reason I suggested an app is an observation you mentioned: lock screen security will make this disappear. So for starters, I believe this is something related to software, not hardware.

By saying you tried soft/hard reset, does this mean you also tried "Software Repair" using the Xperia Companion software?

profile.country.GB.title
Dogmanmike15
Explorer

Sony told me to try software repair, tried 2,3 times, no luck,

I have checked all the apps and none of them can display over the screen now,

not that it probably would've made any difference anyway because the freezing still occurs, also in ultra stamina mode as well, (also forget to mention that aswell) it is in us mode and as i type, it has frozen again!