Join now - be part of our community!

xz1 compact doesn't recognize my unlock pattern anymore

profile.country.DE.title
anandana
New

xz1 compact doesn't recognize my unlock pattern anymore

Hi there!

Three days ago my xz1 compact just shut itself off and wouldn't start anymore (nothing, it did not even react/become warm when connected to the charger). I brought it to a repair shop yesterday and they managed to restart it (by pressing both volume buttons plus the power button they said I think) and I was so relieved for a second - however when I tried to unlock the screen via my unlock pattern it said the pattern is wrong and I should try again.

I am 100% sure it's the pattern I have used before. Of course I've tried different ones too, and now I'm up at 240 sec waiting time to try again.

Does anyone have an idea what happened there? It's somehow eben more frustrating to have the phone work in general but be unable to unlock it.

Also, I know I could go for a reset, but that would only be my very last option.

I hope someone can help! Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Regrettably when you cannot log in you're lost.

As you wrote, the reset (Xperia Companion) is your only way out.

The fact that the device was misbehaving before suggests that it is in itself already time to do a software repair.

Leave the sdcard (if you're using one) out to be sure there's no misbehaving coming from a corrupted sd card.